close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bow Shopping

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by Ridge Runner, Jul 1, 2007.

1. I am in the market for a new bow, and was wanting to shot as many as possible. Which archery shops in central Indiana are worth checking out.

2. Fish Hook

Fish Hook Banned

Whitetails Plus in Mooresville is not bad.

3. It's not central Indiana but Lonesome Elk Archery in Terre Haute has a good selection, personalized service, and some of the best prices you'll find anywhere.

4. Try the Outdoorman in Greenwood off of 135 south of smithvalley road. Has a pretty good selections of new and used bows. They are very knowledgeable and do a great job on setting them up for you. They also have an indoor range to try them out.

5. i do my shoppin at pawn shops, but be sure you check out the bow real good before buying, i have seen some bows that look like they will break if you pull them back. I have bought some brand spankin new bows at unbelivable prices.

6. I would recomend Lonesome Elk as well

7. If you are on the North Side of Indy, check out Girt's Archery in Anderson. They have several lines of bows.

8. See Jeff at Whitetails Plus in Mooresville if you are interested in a Matthews, Gander Mountain in Greenwood has alot of bows and a range too.

9. Lonesome Elk if you can. I have dealt with Tom for a long time and never had a problem. He sets up the nicest bow. Good selection of top of the line equipment.

10. I USED TO SAY THE OUTDOORSMAN IN GREENWOOD WAS THE BEST, BUT THAT WAS BEFORE SCOTT LEFT. I DO NOT KNOW NOW WHO IS RUNNING THE DEPARTMENT. BUT I WOULD PUT IT ON YOUR LIST OF STOPS. I WOULD ALSO SAY GANDER MOUNTIAN, THEY HAVE A LARGE SELECTION OF SEVERAL DIFFERENT MANUFACTURES AND HAVE A FEW GUYS THAT SEEM TO KNOW WHAT THERE TALKING ABOUT.

11. Well, I did not start this thread but I am in the same market. I went to Outdoorsman today and they were helpful for a novice like me. I shot a Matthews. My first arrow. They suggested a Alpine Frontier as a good "starter" bow.

Gander Mountain was jammed with customers and only one guy behind the counter.

And the opinion of the IS group is .......?

12. Again, I agree w/ TreeHugger......... I bought mine from Lonesome Elk!
    Great Prices and service! I will buy my next Bow from there.

Gunfighter45