close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

bowfishing central indy

Discussion in 'Central Indiana Fishing Reports' started by pokey0160, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Hey i was wondering if there are any good spots to bowfish in central indy cause i really dont have the time to drive all the way to the kentucky/indiana border

thanks

2. Or even if there is a indiana bowfishing club that excepts new members i would love to know

thanks

3. Believe or not, when I was a kid...30 years ago...we used to gig carp in Lick Creek where it passes uner 465 at Madison Ave. on the southside. Took the bow several years ago...it's still full of carp...and leeches. The backwaters and feeders at Monroe are a good spot.

4. Prairie Creek Reservoir near Muncie gets backed up with carp every year.

5. flooded rivers

Any time we get significant flooding is when I bow fish for carp and gar. Just wade in swimming trunks and use polarized sunglasses, aim low. Usually do this in a pasture area that gets flooded 2-4 foot deep by the White River.

Eric

6. I live in Kokomo Indiana and saw carp spawning this morning in the Kokomo Reservour, you can shoot them there.

7. morse resavore in hamilton co. is good . so is the creek (cicero)under the dam