close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Brookville 04/12

Discussion in 'Southeast Indiana Fishing Reports' started by bestshot, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Hit the water 4:00 am. Caught limit by 9:00 am. 15" to 24" in length. Had a great morning. Done much better than expected. Think I'll hang around brookville for the next week or two.

2. Sounds like you had them fishes in your sights and hammered them babies BestShot.

Thats Great news, I think a road trip is in order for me.
    Brookville watch out here I come, If my wife will let me.
    LOL:help:

3. Sounds like a great day. Congrats! What did you catch your limit of? and were you above or below Quakertown? if you don't mind my asking.

4. Sorry, I forgot to mention they were walleye. Guess everyone don't know me well enough. Anytime I leave summit or prairie creek, its for walleye.

They were caught below quakertown. I rarely fish the quakertown area after March. The spring rains make the water to muddy.
    Although there are resident walleye that live there all year, I find the bigger numbers and size, move down into the more open lake areas.

5. Thanks, Bestshot. I was guessing walleyes, but knowing Brookville it could have been striper as well. I appreciate the info since I am headed that way on Friday, if the weather cooperates. Last year my partner and I limited out while drifting beneath the power lines. That was about this time of year, too.

6. Your most welcome guy but, check the weather, the rains will screw up the bite in a heart beat. Yes, the power lines are a good place but, I think they are much better towards the end of the month. This spring has been cooler and dryer than in the past. Its going to be a search and discover year at best.

Here today gone tomorrow. Good luck.

Try floating jig heads tipped with leech or minnow, lindy rig is my favorite. 36". Orange head. drag em 1 to 1.5 mph on the bottom. Next, try 3 way rig with thunder stick jr shad color. Very slow, with a piece of worm on the front hook.

7. ever have any luck on Musky at Brookville? Some friends are heading down there this weekend...

8. Thanks, Bestshot. I'll give that a try. That's generally what I fish for walleye. I guess it's mostly a matter of finding the fish this time of year. I appreciate the advise.

I never fished musky at Brookville, not have I seen anyone catch one out of there. I know DNR released about 11,000 in '03 and another 8,000 in '04. And, it seems to me that maybe 10 years ago the state record tiger musky came out of Brookville. I just never stumble across any. Generally, I catch stripers, smallies, sandies and walleye out of that lake, and although I often hear that it is a great crappie lake, I rarely catch crappie there.

That's as much as I know about it.

9. I think I would have better luck, looking for a bar of gold than catching a brookville musky. I'm no good at musky fishing and, that's a pretty big lake to try to locate them on.

I too have never seen one caught there.

10. The Brookville State record was a Natural Musky.. I think two state records have come from Brookville in the past, however now the Kosciusko County Musky lakes are the place to go for the big ones.. I'll post a report if my friends do any good.