close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buck Growl

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by dleslie217, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Anyone else going to try the new buck growl call this year? Just bought mine today, I figure it's worth a try.

2. Keep your receipt..........go get your $$$$ back.

3. I average 72 days a year in a tree hunting deer, I always hunt from Oct 31-Nov 12 all day every day. If I kill I just watch and learn.

I never heard a buck growl............ or maybe the deer in my area speak a different language...........lol.

now again I am just using my "get r done" mentality.......... iffin those Drury boys never heard the sound, then heard it once... made a call.............

Then they was able to get video on sound TWICE IN ONE YEAR???

"Got R done on video..........lol

4. I bought one. Mostly because I'm a call junkie (you ought to see all the duck and goose calls:yikes: ).

I've never heard a buck growl beyond the DVD that Durry sends with the call. Maybe they don't really do it, I don't know. I do know that the growl call functions as one of the best grunt calls that I've heard. 10X better than the hallowed True Talker (IMO a terrible call). The construction of the call is also top notch.

I don't know if my Growl Call will even hit the woods this year. Like I said, I'm a call junkie and that is the primary reason I bought one. Then again, I just might have to try it out and see how the deer react to it.:)

5. Honestly I hardly ever hear bucks grunt while in the woods, and yes I spend my fair share of time in the woods. Never heard a growl...except when I shot a coyote:) I do use the True Talker and have good luck with it. From last years season I would say that the Primos lil can brought in the most bucks. There's my 2/100th.

6. i'm just getting used to the idea this yr. of using a regular grunt call. i don't think i'll be buying one of those soon. not to say they won't work in a certain situation. truth about hunting also has one. the other night they said the best situation for it is when 4 or 5 bucks are competing for the same hot doe and their going nuts and having a testostrone blowout. but will appreciate any reports and updates on how they do under fire.

7. Buck Growl???

Well... Just for what it is worth... I have been hunting since 1964 and personally, I have NEVER heard a buck growl. I have only heard the popular "Snort-Wheeze" one time.

I DO NOT intend to burst any manufacturer's bubble or deflate any hunter's confidence but I believe I will use that money from NOT buying the call for a few gallons of gasoline to go hunting.

Bud Fields

8. I have never heard a buck growl, but that is not to say I won't buy one. Too me, if the call works once, it was worth the money. I am not going to go spend a $100 on every new invention, but if I feel like trying it, what the heck.

How many of you have "actually" seen bucks fighting, but yet you take antlers, rattle bags, rattle boxes, etc.? You do it to try and spark interest from a buck, no different than the buck growl!

9. I've never seen anything that looks quite like a chartreuse spinnerbait swimming around in the water, but they work...

10. Saving My Money

THE DRURY BOYS WON`T GET MY MONEY ON THIS ONE, AT LEAST NOT UNTIL I HEAR SOME SUCCESS STORIES. BEEN DEER HUNTING 20 YEARS AND I`VE NEVER HEARD A BUCK GROWL.

HECK, NOW THAT I`VE THOUGTH ABOUT IT, I CAN`T EVER REMEMBER A GRUNT CALL OR RATTLING ATLERS EVER BRINGING IN A BUCK. JUST BEING AT THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME, WITH GOOD SCENT CONTROL IS THE KEY.

11. Well I don't know what to say, James yours right and I have seen on the Outdoor Channel men and women grunting at deer and they come right over to them

12. I say its a joke and Drury is playing on the idea that people will buy absolutely anything if they think it will help kill the kind of deer that the Drury's kill year in and year out. Thats my one cent.

13. Time will tell whether the thing works or not. I've gambled away $20 on worse things. Even if it doesn't work, the effect it had on my wife's dog was worth the money.

14. Buck Growl?? LOL LOL LOL Get your $$$$ back. If you want to bring in the bucks just use the ol grunter or doe bleat, you'll do fine with that. It works for me. Don't fix something that ain't broken ;) ;)

15. Rowdy

Rowdy