close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buck Hustler made by Mr. Heater

Discussion in 'Questions about Indiana Hunting/Fishing Laws' started by lilkrou, Oct 6, 2006.

1. I was given one of these Buck Hustlers http://www.mrheater.com/productdetail.asp?id=681&cid=151 made by Mr. Heater a couple of years ago and have not used it for fear of it possibly being illegal. Do any of you know if it would be legal or not to use? Basically all it is is a pot that you put scent into and it heats up the scent and then the wind takes the scent...any thoughts?
    thanks
    Tony

2. I dont know if it is legal and even if it was i dont think i would use it. i would think that the deer would smell and hear the propane burning...i don't know for sure though...jmo.

3. I`VE READ THE ANNUAL HUNTING RULES AND REG`S AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER FROM COVER TO COVER, AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING INDICATING THAT THOSE DEVICES ARE ILLEGAL. IT`S REALLY NO DIFFERENT FROM A THERMACELL, JUST LARGER.

4. I'm not familiar with this product.

Bottom line is.... if it is not something that the deer can eat or lick, then it is not considered bait in Indiana.

If that is not the case, then it would be legal.

5. Buck Hustler?

Hey, doesn't Dean write for that magazine?

6. Thanks for the information MIG.

Nice one Quail, I do not think that Dean writes for that magazine, but I hear that he helps with the delivery at the newstand each month!:hide:

7. Close, he's not a writer but a subscriber!

8. If you have any questions about if this is legal or not, I'd suggest you contact our state DNR and ask them.

Here's a link for you to contact them, and in your case I'd suggest you send it to the conservation officers. They usually respond with-in 48 hours

http://www.in.gov/dnr/contact/

9. I am your state DNR.....at least one of them! lol! ;)