close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"Buck in a Box" closer to WR than thought...

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Dean Weimer, Apr 14, 2007.

1. I don't have the picture to put up here again, but do you all remember the "Buck in a Box" that Brew originally posted about as being a possible New World Record Typical from Wisconsin? Remember the one with the broken main beam? My friend, Gordon Whittington, wrote this short piece for North American Whitetail's Big Buck Blog on April 7, 2007.

Here is the latest update..........

http://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/nawblog_2006/#cont

If the two tines had shared the common base together, we might have been looking at a new World's Record Typical. As it is, a 180-Class Typical is pretty darn good. Congratulations to the Wisconsin hunter.

Also, did you catch where a new state record typical in the archery category was at the show as well? Cool!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2007
  2. This is the same buck that Brew just posted on for Buckmasters. This is a typical "What If"? buck as far as Boone and Crockett is concerned. What an awesome buck nonetheless. I think I'd have passed on him knowing that he wasn't quite a world record.......:bonk:

Read what Gordon Whittington wrote about the buck on NorthAmericanWhitetail.com.