close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bucks starting to bud up already

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Dean Weimer, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Here is a picture of two bucks that have shed their antlers about 2 weeks ago. Notice that they are already starting to bud new antlers. Can't wait 'til June to start seeing what my area(s) are producing.

See picture below.....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2006
  2. I can't see this pic., Dean...it says the image is no longer available. Can anyone else see it? Speaking of buds, all of my maples and oaks in my yard have buds on them.

3. Well I can't see the picturce. Come on Dean. James our trees are budding and the flowers are up around 6 inches. Wheat fields are super green here.

4. Wow great bucks,,,,how many points to them invisible deer have?

5. Dean...I actually saw the pic. a little bit ago...two shed bucks...pic. taken on 3-8-06. now I can't see it anymore.

6. deer do that, vanish right before your eyes

7. [​IMG]

Finally...someone posting Dean's pics that knows what he's doing...you're welcome, Dean.

8. Nice pics! Hope they grow up to be monsters!

9. Hey Buds!!!

10. I have read that a buck's antlers can grow up to 1/2 inch per day! I've got a pic. of a buck with red pedicles that was taken in late Feb. I may post it later.

11. Did not realize that Dean. Cool stuff though. I saw a small six pointer in broad daylight yesterday 4 o'clock (sunday), still had his bones.

12. Dean I have seen the pics you speak of on the NAW forum. I wish I had deer walking across my driveway like that. I really got a laugh out of the Yote doing the nasty in the guys yards. I am going to try Kansas soon I hope!!;)

13. Fast

Actually Coach, at the height of the growing season (June, July, early Aug.) they've been know to grow an inch a day if they are taking in the groceries. They're usually about 60% done growing by the 4th of July.