close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Canada 2006 (Long and pic. heavy)

Discussion in 'Indiana Bass Fishing' started by JL, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Got back from my trip to Canada last night, and I tried to post a longwinded report, but apparently I had tried to upload too many images on the thread, and I couldn't post it. So, here's what I'm going to try...I'll post my reports on this thread one day at a time to see if that helps. It'll be a while before I get all eight days on there, so bear with me.

2. Day 1

Mark pulling into the dock on the night we got to the lake (you have to boat your gear in as there is no road access).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some shots of the lake:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We didn't fish this night, as it was the night before opening day of bass season in Ontario.

3. Day 2

Day 2 started off pretty well. This is Joe (my boat partner) with a nice first photo opportunity:

[​IMG]

Me with my first photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Joe during the evening fish:

[​IMG]

4. Welcome back, James!

Cool pics as always.

5. Day 3

Got up pretty early to get after 'em on this morning, and boy did it pay off! Here's my biggest fish of the trip. She's four pounds, seven ounces, and I got the fish on a topwater lure in twelve feet of water right next to a stickup. I had another fish on the same size as this one less than an hour later, but we missed the net job...:banghead3

[​IMG]

Joe during the morning fish:

[​IMG]

Oh no! Towing the boys back on the second day of fishing? Luckily, it was a minor problem that was fixed in camp...:dizzy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Day 4

What a fun day of fishing! Here's Joe with a nine-pound pike...it kicked his a$$, but he got it in the boat!

[​IMG]

This pike hit a topwater lure, and was the most devastating topwater hit Joe has ever seen!

[​IMG]

Me with some beautys:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Day 5

More nice smallies on day 5!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Did everyone catch smallmouth like that, or did you just pass one fish around for everyone to take a photo with?
    Lord, those are nice!

9. Day 6

We struggled a little bit on day six....saw a tremendous amount of HUGE fish, but couldn't get them to hit, and if we did, couldn't keep them hooked up. We did get some nice fish though.

[​IMG]

These three baby minks must have thought we were mama, because they swam right out to us! These pics. aren't zoomed, as the minks were right in front of the trolling motor!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back to fishing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mark, blowing up the air bed on night 6:

[​IMG]

10. Day 7?

Am I on day 7? I lost count.

The boys pitching lures;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Somehow, I dissappear from the action for a while...:(

[​IMG]

Joe fighting a nice smallie:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Day 8

My big comeback!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some pics. of the scenery:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My last fish of the trip:

[​IMG]

12. Day 9

Some shots of the Mackinaw Bridge on the way home:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All in all, we had a pretty good trip. Out of the six of us that were there for eight nights, the largest smallmouth taken was five pounds, one ounce. There were several fish taken during the week that weighed over four pounds. I saw probably the biggest smallmouth of my life roll up on Joe's topwater lure, but he missed it...:banghead3 Hope you guys enjoyed the report!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2006
  13. Nice Pics.

DAMMIT BOY...Looks like some very good times. had fun watching while you were posting!!!!:biggrin:

14. All different fish, man!

15. I told you he was the Bass-assin!!!! Welcome back J.L. Looks like a blast bro. The pictures take me back to MN.....