close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carnivore Blood Tracking Light

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by tinyt, Dec 27, 2006.

1. I was just wonder what you all think of this light. I believe that every hunter should have one. This light has helped my friends as well as myself out on hunts. It cut hours off on tracking a doe for my buddy. We couldn't find blood, but as soon as we got that light out we picked up the trail and recovered the deer. Just wanted others thoughts.

2. I bought one of these lights this year and have NOT been impressed with it to tell the truth. I've heard others say it's the best thing since sliced bread. I'm just not convinced I actually see any difference in the blood trail with it. I'd have to say that I'd rather have the $60 bucks back in my pocket. I do like the size and shape of the unit as just a flashlight, packs in well in any pocket, beats fishing through the backpack looking for a light.

3. It IS one of the brightest little flashlights I've ever seen. As far as the colored LEDs go, they can help in certain situations. Bright red blood is very easy to see with this light. For me, it has all depended on the type of terrain and cover that I've been tracking through. Sometimes it works very well, sometimes not so much.

4. Has anyone tried the light using glasses with colored lenses? I wondered if that would help the contrast, but have not tried it myself.

5. I first used one this archery season. I believe that my buddy went a stole (barrowed) James Lyon light. I like how it is two lights in one. Makes the money well worth it.