close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carp

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by Turpie, May 18, 2005.

1. Are the carp starting to spawn yet? If so where?

2. Brookville, Prairie creek and summit lake

3. I was on morse reservoir today cleaning out my boat and saw lots of carp rolling around on the bank... They are spawning here...

4. got our first carp shootin tournament this friday night on Webster Lake up here. 8pm meet at webster lake boat launch. Finally time... in William Hung's words.." She bangs, she bangs" :tongue:

5. Hey Noble, how are the musky doin up there?? We had a friend that lived in a house on a cove (right by that little mini dam on one side of the lake if that helps lol) but he was killed in november in a car accident, I am going to miss going up there going after those big hawgs...

6. I dunno about the musky. I know we see a bunch of them every time we shoot on that lake but i dont fish for them. Only fishin i do is for spring and winter gills/crappies. Any other time i got time to hunt something :tongue:

7. I dont think I would have the cohones to shoot a musky with my Mathews Outback lol..... Not for as much as I paid for it!

8. How did the carp shoot go Friday night?

9. Carp tournament went great!! even though my team got smoked. i belived 37 fish was what won by team HDEN. I highly recomment musky fishing up there right now cuz we saw more musky than carp i belive..atleast 60 musky. lotta gar ...awesome time. AMS and muzzy are both sponsoring the tournaments with great prizes this year makes it even better. All kinds of prizes for different categories. 2 weeks from this past friday (next friday) will be the next one held on Sylvan Lake in Rome City,IN. 30$per boat up to 3 man teams. Percentage of fish per people on boat is how its determent...Ex......If 3 people are on a boat and shoot 30 fish they average 10 per person...however if there are only 2 people in a boat they only have to shoot 20 (10per person) to be of equal amounts in the tournament. Really helps with others gettin involved with smaller boats. A 14' jon boat is ruff with 3 people :tongue: We had 2 groups of kids under 17 and i belived 7 other boats...more are expected at the next tournament .....the word is spreading. dont forget 8pm is take off time in 2 weeks....Sylvan Lake . If u got it....Bring It ;) :tongue:

10. Slow Reply

Sorry for the slow reply, I was lucky enough to get into some real good carp a while back. Even managed to gig two with one shot!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Nice shot. Have only gotten out once so far. Should be able to get out a few times this weekend. Love to shoot carp. We do allot on the St. Joe river back waters.