close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Catfishing at Mississenewa

Discussion in 'Northeast Indiana Fishing Reports' started by Hoosier_Steelheader, Jul 27, 2006.

1. I heard a report they were taking nice channel cats at the spillway on Mississenewa. Can anybody confirm or deny that report? :help:
    I would like to try and catch a few this weekend....

2. Dont know about quality, but the Dnr lists the fishing for channels as fair to good with no specific area talked about at the reservoir. I do know that the bluegill fishing has been pretty good.

3. Thanks Rico,

I found a spot if it produces, I'll let you know.. We're going tonight..

4. Good Luck with the catfishing, I dont' know personally never caught very big ones, but have heard from a lot of different people and friends that there are some big cats in the river below the dam....

Later,

Alan

5. Never had much luck there, mainly becuase i can never find a spot to fish. Always seems to be jammed pack full of people. Usually i have to walk down the horse trail through the woods and fish down that way. We caught a couple striped bass there earlier this year. Back a few years ago when they were repairing the dam and the lake level was lowered, i would walk out on the sandbars on the lake and catch a few nice channels.

6. You guys ae right, there were too many people right below the dam... So we decided to try the red bridge area.. No Luck.. With the water level being down for so long the scrub brush has almost taken over. We eventually made our way to the original riverbed, but couldn't locate the fish (cats) on East toward Summerset we were into fish, but the cats didn't want to have anything to do with us..

It was fun! (hotter than blue blazes though:sick: ) Glad to see the lake back to where it should be...

7. Sorry about your luck...maybe should have tackled those 'eyes! You'll get 'em next time!:evilsmile

8. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

i've seen 15lbs. + cats come out of the spillway man are those good eatin'. Good luck in my neck of the woods.