close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Central Indiana Public Land?

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by DadOfFour, Sep 12, 2006.

1. With the wife expecting baby number four on Nov. 27 :banghead3:banghead3 I'm trying to find somewhere a bit closer to home to hunt as the season goes on a bit. I normally hunt Story (HNF) and in Fayette County, and will probably do so the first week or so of the season, however as we get closer to the 27th I think the wife would freak if I suggested that I was going to head 2 hours away and off in to the woods where cell reception is non-existant. So my question becomes, does anyone know of any public land, or, private land where the owner is hunter friendly ;) anywhere close (say 15 to 20 mins) to Wannamaker (SE side of Indy)?
    Any help would be awesome!

2. Morgan monroe or atturbury are probably your best bets. I can't tell you much about either one though.

3. AS FAR AS PUBLIC LAND GOES, MORGAN MONROE OR ATTERBURY WILL BE YOUR ONLY CHOICE. YOU MIGHT TRY THE NEW PURCHASE OF MORGAN MONROE NEAR PARAGON. IT`S A LITTLE HARDER TO FIND AND NOT USED AS MUCH.

4. Given I'm realativly new to the area, where the heck is Morgan Monroe? I know where atterbury is but not paragon.

6. I've heard of guys doing well at atterbury. I've seen lots of deer there while fishing and doing other activities there. As far as Morgan-Monroe, I would go downtown to DNR and get topo maps or order them online. You will need to know the private property boundries. Like any public land hunting, using the maps to locate landlocked or out of the way places will be the key.

7. Brookville Area...

Brookville reservior has some great public hunting...