Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Season is still in! That’s a honey hole of ammo(y) I should be getting to go during christmas week while Im off work and super excited about it. I’ve heard of some guys getting 20 ducks saturday morning, private land is a different game I suppose...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Season is still in! That’s a honey hole of ammo(y) I should be getting to go during christmas week while Im off work and super excited about it. I’ve heard of some guys getting 20 ducks saturday morning, private land is a different game I suppose...
Yea, I've got a few private places i think i could hunt. Just when I decide to put more time in with the beagles, now i'm looking at duck hunting dates. Guess their could be worse problems to have.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Got another one!! Harvested a ring neck this morning. Should of had 2 but... I missed. I actually called em in and had them circle before they dive bombed my decoys. Super cool

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sounds like you're a pro now, glad to hear your having success.
I drive around looking and thinking about places i could duck hunt. Then as this crazy beagle runs through the house with boundless energy, and the fact I talked my wife into another dog because i was going to rabbit hunt more, my waterfowl hunting my have too wait.
I believe you have a some time to get some more.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Just had supper and ate the coots and ring-neck duck. Marinated them in Italian dressing and charcoal grilled. Some good stuff! The duck was mild flavored but the coots were very strong, I can see why people are scared to eat them haha! We liked the flavor so it was very nice. I grilled on foil indirect heat for 7 minutes a side and finished them over the hot coals and the fat made it flame so gave a nice char.
Food Kitchen utensil Ingredient Yam Baked goods

21 - 27 of 27 Posts