close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

check out my buck

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by oldbuckkiller, Jul 7, 2006.

1. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

just wanted you to know i have pictures of my buck i took last year he was hit by a car i think but even with the one buck rule i'm not going to let somthing like that suffer he was 286# live but i'm proud of him. this fall i have my eye on a huge buck thats walking around my place. enjoy the pictures.

2. Rowdy

Rowdy

where are these pictures?

3. I checked out your gallery, which is where I would assume I was supposed to go to view the picture of your heavyweight. Are you trying to tell us that the live weight of your four point was 286 pounds? I find that somewhat difficult to believe.

4. how much do you you think the huge one weighs on the hoof? the one running around your place.

5. Oldbuckkiller, If your buck was in fact 286# live weight this means that he'd have dressed approximately 200#. It is known that a deer will lose 30% of it's entire weight after field dressing. 286 X .70 (70%)= 200. This, to me, means that your scale is off. If I were you, I'd get your scale calibrated because it just doesn't look like a 200# field dressed buck. For a buck to dress a legitimate 200# it is HUGE...no offense, but your buck might have dressed around 150 at most. That is a "long" yearling...mentioned in the other thread.

6. If that buck weighs 200#'s, then consider me Evan Byah's Vice President candidate for the 2008 elections.

7. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

think about this internal organs are 10-15 # his bones are close 35# maybe more maybe less his hide 65# of his weight. the meat i got back out of him was 176# so take 286 -176 = 110# .

8. Oldbuckkiller, I shot a buck that dressed out at 196 lbs. last year. I butcher my own deer, and I make sure I get every piece of meat I can out of the deer. I got 102 lbs. of boneless meat out of that deer. The claim that you got 176 lbs. of meat out of a 1.5 year old four point is completely absurd. Do you honestly believe the things that you continue to write?

9. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

i just got the aging of him back yesterday he was 5.5 years old he had a leg fracture on the side he grew his spike i was hoping he would have been bigger but he was not and on top of that he was hit by something look at the picture. he's got scrach marks from where he was hit. this buck was a fighter i watched him many times. the year before i shot him he had a 10 pt rack. read a few magazines any time a deer is injured the rack will suffer especially when we are in a drought thats even harder on them than winter.

10. Sorry for doubting you...

11. Well my buck was 153# and I compared pictures and they are not much differents in size. Maybe my eyes are off. Not say your was not that weight

12. Maybe he did get 176lbs back - but if he did it's pretty clear that it didn't all come from that particular deer!

Reminds me of a guy that I knew who bragged about the gas milage that his new car would get. His coworkers got tired of hearing about it, so for their first caper, they put a gallon of gas into the tank every 1-2 days. The guy started bragging even more. After whipping the guy into the frenzy, the jokesters started siphoning gas out of his car - and the miracle car "started" to get 3-4mpg and the owner was completely flabbergasted. Went on for about a month before he finally caught the guys siphoning gas from his tank in the middle of the day in the parking lot....

13. I don't know how old your deer was but I bet the guy that got the meat from it at the butcher shop was ticked when he picked it up and you got his instead!

14. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

no that was all mine i worked for the guy who cut him up. i hope to work for him again this fall.