close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

check out this buck

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by oldbuckkiller, Jul 29, 2006.

1. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

This is a buck i got of a guy up around valpo and wanted to know if he's a nice one he was killed 9/29/2004 by a car. He's a 12pt.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

I'm going to be making reproductions of his rack if you want a set let me know.

3. nice buck. good frame mabe a 3 yr. old. hard to say just having the head. a little more mass he would be a dandy.

4. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

he is about 70 inches short of antlers, to be taking the time and money to make repros dont ya think?

5. he was an up and comer, but no reason to make reproductions of him unless you just want the practice. But I dont think youll be selling any of them

6. Rowdy

Rowdy

OBK, Have you ever seen a deer that has been killed by a bow or gun? Every deer you show on here was either given to you or killed by a car. Do you just cruise the highways during the rut or do you actually go in the woods?

Oh, by the way...how much will you be selling the reproduction antlers for?

7. I found that the best way to find good bucks is look near water. Always some dandy dead ones in water :lol:

8. Maybe 120". I wouldn't feel bad about killing it, but I wouldn't even get that deer shoulder mounted, and I certainly wouldn't go making any reproductions of it.

9. just a guess

Looks like a +or- gross 135" typical 10pnt. Probably 3.5 years old, depending on area. Be a nice one to put on the wall, but I doubt you will sell any reproductions. Did you get a tag for that buck from a CO?

Eric

10. 12pt???

I see where there is a point off the brow tine on the right side, but you must have 1" wider than the base to be a point and it must STILL be on the rack...... broken points don't count.

The deer is a 2 1/2 year old ten pointer, too bad he died via a predator...........car. If that is how it happened. Most I see are badley damaged due to road rash....

11. hey OBK !!

you may already have this but since you are interested in making replica's here is a very informative web sight that alot of the taxidermy industry uses. www.smmoothon.com they have very informative information on mold making and very good products and is very safe.

12. Reproductions ... Your kidding me right?

13. he has to get practice on something lol.

14. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

i have five sets sold, he was hit in town the car that hit him was damaged pretty bad. The guy i got him off of has the road kill permit it's in his aunts name seeing as she is a fox rancher and used the meat from the deer but the guy was thinking he would look pretty on the wall. The buck scores 137 5/8 i don't know if hee could go p&y since he's a road kill pick-up.

15. now you being a taxidermist should know the answer to that.