close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chicory

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Dean Weimer, Aug 13, 2006.

1. I suggested a food plot seed blend to a friend after last year and that certain someone, I won't mention names here, has cussed me every since then. It turns out that said individual didn't think that the deer had been using the chicory in this chicory/clover blend. Well then, fast forward to just last Friday evening:

Upon turning the corner on his thick deer paradise property, we came upon a doe and her "twin" fawns grazing in this chicory/clover food plot. All at once one of the fawns picked up his head and wouldn't you know it, he had a large chicory plant in his mouth that he quickly devoured.

Scott Werstler's "Nursery" Ryhme
    Chicory, dicory dock,
    we strolled around the block.
    My bro cussed me all year,
    then we saw a young deer,
    devouring a chicory stalk.

I think an apology is in order here.....

2. Beauty of a poem, Dean.

3. Thanks Mr. Engrish Teacher......

4. Dean even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

5. The side of the story I heard is that you and scott was driving around and the doe and fawns were running and the fawn fell down in the chicory field face first. How did the football game go? Scott left and stop in and we talk about what happen.

6. I would reply, but I think deer demon would think we were holding a private meeting to discuss his theories behind his back and off this site.

7. Scott's not blind Tucker?????

8. Is that what also gets on your legs and bites you in the woods

9. That's Dean, not the chickory