close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Choke Tubes

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by fordgo6, Apr 10, 2007.

1. I bought a Winchester 1300 12 ga. off a friend for turkey, it has choke tubes in a vented rib barrel. I'm thinking about a Jelly Head, what do you guys suggest for a turkey choke in this gun and do any of you like the Truglo Turkey sights?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2007
  2. Every gun is different, but back when I turkey hunted with a Winchester 1300, I had an Undertaker choke tube. That and 3" #5's from Remington put the head slap on several gobblers.:coolgleam

Try a couple and see what works for you.

I have a Rhino in my 870 Super Mag and it throws almost too tight of a pattern. Really have to take careful aim on a bird inside 20 yards.

As for turkey sights, Tru Glo sights are great. I run a Hi-Viz (the Tri-viz model) and love it.

3. Thanx Derek, the HS Undertaker is about half the price of the Jellyhead, I like to hear that.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2007
  4. Jelly-Head, Kicks - Gobblin Thunder, both shoot awesome.

5. I`VE GOT A JELLY HEAD AND LOVE IT, BUT AS OTHERS WILL TELL YOU, EACH GUN AND SHELL COMBINATION PATTERNS DIFFERENTLY. YOU MAY HAVE TO EXPERIMENT WITH A FEW TO FIND ONE THAT YOU PREFER. YOU MIGHT " BORROW" A FEW TUBES FROM FRIENDS AND TRY THEM BEFORE SHELLING OUT THE CASH TO BUY.

6. if it came with a full choke try it you might be surprised.i have the 1300 st 18''barrel factory turkey choke,i was very surprised how tight the pattern was at 40 yds. i will shoot to 50 yds with it. the full choke might be good if under 35yds

7. My jelly head should be here in a couple days... cant wait to pattern it