Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool: Who's got an itch to go curling? Ok what kind of 'different' hobbies do YOU have?

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
I love mycology. Study of fungi. I have a field microscope to look at the spores for a final id. Some people like to watch paint dry too!

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
I read as many books on mythology as I can find (it's an English teacher thing).

Slightly more intresting than Mark's mycology....which I thought at first was the procedure they use to check your colon.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
I'll pass on the fungi, watching bacteria and fungi grow is what I do for a living.

Pass my odd hours tying flies, hitting golfballs, squeezing some blues out of a couple old guitars, and driving my kids crazy!

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
ccavacini said:
I read as many books on mythology as I can find (it's an English teacher thing).

Slightly more intresting than Mark's mycology....which I thought at first was the procedure they use to check your colon.
Joseph Campbells books on mythology are pretty cool. Tolle Leggae

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
I enjoy coaching youth basketball teams. Currently coaching a 2nd/3rd grade girls team and a 6th grade middle school boys team. Also enjoy writing about hunting/fishing experiences of my own and with my children.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I'm into tiddly winks boys. Any time I see the words "closet" and "passion" I've got to wonder if maybe we've all gone stark mad!!!!

Tree, I hope you don't scare the little hoopsters with stories about Bobby Knight choking the players and throwing chairs. Have you grabbed any of the little boogers by the throat yet? Head butted any?
Shut up Randy, I've got a spelling bee for you...the word is QUEER!!! Donny Baker

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
I have had to hold back a few times on the little Kobe wannabee's. All 3's all the time...i've about broke them of that now...do you know kids hate running most of practice? :evilsmile :evil: :evilsmile ...and that was just on the little girls team :evilsmile

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Help me tree!!!!!

Hey Tree, I see that you've sent me some messages on here but can't retrieve them. Can you help me brother!?!?

Yeah, It's funny when kids say things like..."You mean we really DO have to defend the other team?" or "Three seconds in the lane doesn't count anymore."

·
Premium Member
5,121 Posts
I like music, try to play guitar, sing a little-actually sing alot. Just because there IS NO ICE!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
If course by their ears... No just kidding. First take a look at vegasrace.com This is a international event. If you want to know more about how we do it here, just let me know.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like fun, hell I'll try anything ever since someone talked me into chasing little leprechaun mushrooms all around the woods, and I liked it! Nothing is too out there anymore. Ok almost nothin.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Dean...you gotta' clean out your inbox/sent box brotha'. You don't have unlimited space dawg! You only get 35 messages and thats it...clean it up and get with the program man. Had a lot of important info I was sending you. Time sensitive stuff...now it's too late...I sent the money on to someone else. Sorry dude.

treehugger

·
Registered
942 Posts
my hidden phobia......old cars

My hidden phobia or hobby is old cars.

I have a 1970 corvette, resale red and a smooth motor............... Then my present challenge is a 1956 STUDEBAKER Golden Hawk. Ok who remembers or knows what that car is? Where was it manufactured?

I love having old cars and the memory of days gone by...........

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
James I hope you didn't have it mounted. Speaking of old cars, I ran into an old guy (love that term) in Cadillac Michigan last weekend who restores Model A's. He said he sold 50 the last two years. What a shop he had. Told me to come back next summer and I could drive one. Think I'll stick with morels, unless the pigeons eat them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts