close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cloverdale, In

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by trdtnlbwhntr, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Just wanted to give any of you guys that shoot traditional bows a heads up that there is a big traditional archery bow shoot this weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) Mostly all day for the three dates. I think the course closes at 12 or 1 on Sunday. Its a great time to get out and learn a lot about traditional archery. Mostly every big name in the business will be there with their bows and equipment ready for you to try. Tons of supplies at great prices and tons of "know how" around every table.
    The shoot is in Cloverdale, IN. You can google the Cloverdale Traditional Archery Nationals for driving directions. If anybody is interested or has questions give me a pm and Ill get back to you. Hope to see some of you veterans there and maybe some new faces trying to get started.

2. Is this at Nancy's Broken Arrow???

3. HIstorically proven by Cloverdale weekend...TAKE YOUR RAINGEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's the link to the website http://www.cloverdalenationals.com/index.htm
    God I wish I could be there rather than in a Tux at a wedding :(
    I will DEFINATELY take in every minute of Compton's next weekend though!
    Fuzzy

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2007
  4. Historically proven its going to rain balls out the night before. Turn the place into a mud slick, creating plenty of opportunities for laughing at your klutz friends slipping and sliding up the hills at the course. Of course there is the issue of parking which turns into a mud pit after the first 15 cars park there. Then of course on Saturday the sun will come out and turn everything into a clay mud mix and cause everyone to sweat their jiblets off while trying to shoot. I cant wait. Its going to be too much fun. Hope to see some of you there.

5. Just an update. It was the best weather for the weekend that I have seen in the last 5 years. No rain, no scorching heat, and the course was clean and had easy walking. We didnt keep score on the tourney course other than one point for a shot in the kill and zero for all others. Out of the four of us, I brought home the gold in our group. I missed one target out of 40 on the tournament course and managed to hit 26 of the kill zones on the targets. The other shots were rather close to the kill and none were really bad that you would be disgusted with yourself if you made that shot. Overall I was very happy with my shooting. My sister (only been shooting for about 6 weeks) went this year with us. She did well and mentioned she thinks this might be a yearly event for my dad, her, and I. Cant wait for next year. The only disappointing point I can come up with on the event was that the number of vendors seemed to be down quite a bit since last year. The wensels werent there either. I enjoyed talking with them when they would come and bring their super enormous sheds that they find. Oh well.... Comptons is next weekend, maybe Ill talk dad and erin into making the trip up there. Hope all you guys that went had a great time. Take care...