close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Coarch Hoeppner Past

Discussion in 'Indiana Outdoor News' started by oldrookie, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Just heard coach Hoeppner at IU past earlier today. Sad, seemed like a class guy and was bringing IU football back. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

2. I just read this past weekend that the assistant would be filling in this season. I had no idea he was that ill. He seemed like a real good guy and could make a difference at IU.

3. This is sad news for sure. I respected what Coach Hoeppner did for the program. He was a native of Woodburn, Indiana, which is just up the road from here. I had detected from the recent newspaper articles that he wasn't doing well at all. It's a shame really. May God rest his soul.

I am a Purdue Boilermaker, but as a resident of this state I respect what he had brought to Indiana's Football Program...he was a class act all the way.

4. Here's some other info. from the Big 10 site....

http://bigten.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061907aaa.html

If you look under the statement made by the Big Ten conference, you'll see a "Remembering Coach Hep" in purple. It's interesting to see that Coach Hoeppner gave an awesome speech at Coach Walker's Eulogy just a year ago when he passed also too young.

5. Great Coach, God Bless him and his Family!

6. COACH HEP`S ATTITUDE BROUGHT A SENSE OF POSSIBILITY EVEN TO I.U.`S HISTORICALLY PATHETIC FOOTBALL PROGRAM. EVEN WHEN I.U. LOST HE SEEMED TO FIND A SILVER LINING. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SEE WHAT HE COULD DO WITH A FEW YEARS OF RE-STRUCTURING UNDER HIS BELT. A MAN WITH HIS ATTITUDE AND OUTLOOK DOES THE WORLD GOOD.