Coarch Hoeppner Past

Discussion in 'Indiana Outdoor News' started by oldrookie, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Just heard coach Hoeppner at IU past earlier today. Sad, seemed like a class guy and was bringing IU football back. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

2. I just read this past weekend that the assistant would be filling in this season. I had no idea he was that ill. He seemed like a real good guy and could make a difference at IU.

3. This is sad news for sure. I respected what Coach Hoeppner did for the program. He was a native of Woodburn, Indiana, which is just up the road from here. I had detected from the recent newspaper articles that he wasn't doing well at all. It's a shame really. May God rest his soul.

I am a Purdue Boilermaker, but as a resident of this state I respect what he had brought to Indiana's Football Program...he was a class act all the way.

4. Here's some other info. from the Big 10 site....

http://bigten.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061907aaa.html

If you look under the statement made by the Big Ten conference, you'll see a "Remembering Coach Hep" in purple. It's interesting to see that Coach Hoeppner gave an awesome speech at Coach Walker's Eulogy just a year ago when he passed also too young.

5. Great Coach, God Bless him and his Family!

6. COACH HEP`S ATTITUDE BROUGHT A SENSE OF POSSIBILITY EVEN TO I.U.`S HISTORICALLY PATHETIC FOOTBALL PROGRAM. EVEN WHEN I.U. LOST HE SEEMED TO FIND A SILVER LINING. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SEE WHAT HE COULD DO WITH A FEW YEARS OF RE-STRUCTURING UNDER HIS BELT. A MAN WITH HIS ATTITUDE AND OUTLOOK DOES THE WORLD GOOD.