close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Constitutional Amendment to Hunt/Fish

Discussion in 'Indiana Outdoor News' started by jackc99, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Well, the Speaker of the House has quashed the will of the people and has determined that the House will not hear SJR0014 (Senate Joint Resolution 0014). This is the amendment to the Indiana constitution guaranteeing the right to hunt and fish.

If you want this amendment to protect your right to hunt and fish (and the rights of those to come) it's time to contact Pat Bauer, Speaker of the House and let him know you want this amendment heard. Doesn't matter your party affiliation, it's your rights and it's time to fight for them.

http://www.in.gov/legislative/house_democrats/repsites/r6/

Flood this website and do it ASAP.

Jack

2. Done...
    I tell ya, that guy needs to go to a new toupee manufacturer!

3. My Response:

Speaker Bauer,

It is very disappointing to find out that you have decided not hear Senate Joint Resolution 0014 - the amendment to the Indiana constitution guaranteeing the right to hunt and fish. Hunting and Fishing have been long standing traditions in Indiana and the people of Indiana deserve to have this right guaranteed. Please reconsider hearing this bill so that the will of the people may be heard.

The latest statics I could easily find from 2001 were that hunting alone had a $276,000,000 economic impact in Indiana with over 5000 jobs. This information was taken from the International Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies: (http://www.fishwildlife.org/) Hunting and fishing are also important economic benefits for this state and need to be protected because for that reason.

Please reconsider hearing this bill.

Concerned Citizen,
    Adam Brown

4. I put my .02 cents in. Thanx Jack

5. Done, hopefully we can open his ears...

6. Just another fine example of our governments (state and national) trying their bests to ruin our lives. They've been failing us for decades. They either don't listen or they don't care. Politicians who's lively hoods are "Serving" the public will never act based on the wishes of their constituents, they will act on whatever puts food on the table. Who can blame them?? We go to work so that we may provide our children with the bests chances possible, why should the politicians be any different?

Anyone who knows me knows that I love this country with everything that I am. I understand how lucky we are and appreciate all of the opportunities this country affords us. There is no place I'd rather be. However a major overhaul of our political system is long since overdue.

Just once I'd like to see one of them acknowledge that things need to change. Right now the cats are running the barn and we are paying the price.

Enjoy your time in the field men. It's entirely conceivable that in my lifetime your average middle class citizen won't be able to afford to hunt (That is currently the case in England).
    Or we simply won't be able to own firearms capable of killing animals. Or they'll just flat out tell us that we can't. Because what we want has little to no bearing on how we are actually governed.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2007
  7. Sorry about that fella's
    I dont mean to highjack the thread but I couldn't anymore discontent with the way our government is going...

sorry guys

8. jackc99 - Done!

Rule #1: Always and forever actively support anything that will add to and keep regular people in the field, and fight any hints of eliteisim.

Rule #2: See Rule #1.

9. Thanks, men. I can tell you that in our legislature the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The louder we are the more powerful we are perceived and the more likely we are to win. Keep after 'em.

Jack