close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Featured Cornhusker bird!

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by ddoss, May 14, 2017.

1. IMG_0147.JPG
    I had a pretty good hunt this morning in Nebraska. After an unproductive roost hunt i backed out of the area to get to high ground so that I could do some glassing. I located a gobbler a few hundred yards from me so i used the terrain to move on him. They are so covered up with hens right now you are wasting your time trying to call to them. I ended up going past where that bird was at and by the time I got back to where i needed to be he was gone. I started walking back to the big hill that I was glassing from when i spotted 4 birds about 75 yards behind where I had been sitting. It was the bird that I was set up on earlier that morning! I made a move and got in front of them and had to crawl on my belly to close the distance. After awhile i saw the tom cross the fence and head my way. A hen popped up 15 yards in front of me so I lifted up a tail fan to put her at ease. Right behind her was a big strutter. I pulled my gun up and dropped him at 20 yards! Talk about an exciting hunt! I had my first encounter with a rattlesnake yesterday so you can imagine what was on my mind while I was crawling to this turkey.

2. Steve

Steve Admin Mod

Cool story and nice bird!

3. Nice bird and cool story as well. Job well done!