close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

crows

Discussion in 'Indiana Small Game Hunting' started by oldbuckkiller, Jul 10, 2006.

1. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

has anyone seen any crows now that season is in just wanted to know.

2. i always see crows everyday out in the beanfield out back but i don't hunt them any more

3. Crows?????

Who the world hunts crows??? Would you eat them ???Cooked Crow sounds NICE.....:banghead3 Maybe Drink some OLD CROW...:yikes:

4. You would want to hunt crows if you drove through Terre Haute between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thousands of those dang things.

5. could you hunt them with a bow and some flu-flu's?

6. when i was a teenager i huntec crows in the fall when they were in large flocks. they respond to calls very aggressively and are a lot of fun but any more i just figure it's a waste to kill somethin your not going to eat unless it becomes a problem. besides i would much rather be in a tree.

7. We have four crows that come regulary to eat food scraps, we put out for the coons. They are mostly "Pets" and I wouldn't even think about shooting. Shots lots of Crows, when I was younger, with my .222 & Hornet, and living in a less crowded area.

8. My favorite way to hunt crows is to get on top a wooded ridge and find a spot that is not too thick or in the woods near where crows are spotted. Set the caller in the middle...find a tree to hide behind and let'er rip. When the crows come in they have to fly low enough to through the trees to find the call and it is fast paced pass shooting. Often they come back for a second run through or land in the nearby trees even after the initial shots...just like geese will often circle and come back. Move a ways down the road and do it all again.
    I have never eaten a crow but a lot of wild game cookbooks have crow recipes.

9. I've eaten crow on a couple of occasions...

10. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

what did it taste like.

11. Here's one for you, and NO I don't eat Crows ~LOL~

Crow and Mushroom Stew

3 crows
    1 Tbsp lard/shortening
    1 pint stock or gravy
    2 Tbsp cream
    1/2 cup mushrooms
    salt and pepper
    cayenne pepper
    Clean and cut crows into small portions and let them cook a short time in the lard/shortening in a saucepan, being careful not to brown them. Next, add to the contents of the pan, the stock or gravy, and salt, pepper and cayenne to taste. Simmer 1 hour, or until tender, add mushrooms, simmer 10 minutes more and then stir in cream. Arrange the mushrooms around the crows on a hot platter.

12. I think you could plug anything into that recipe in place of crow and it would taste the same. Replace all of the extra ingredients with your favorite kind of campbells cream of whatever soup. Works every time.
    I have eaten barbecued opossom. Same theory...enough barbecue sauce and it all tastes the same. The only problem is the vision of a big skinned rat.

13. nope

Don't think I would want to eat something that eats roadkill.

14. Figure of speech, man.