Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 83 Posts
I read that we won't know who Jr. is going with till the July Daytona race.
I've been a die-hard Mark Martin fan since the 80's, watched him race ASA too. But he's retiring soon for good and I'm liking Tony more and more. I'll always pull for the Roush guys (since Kurt Busch is gone) and Ford Racing but Smoke is fun to watch, he's not afraid to hang it out to get to the front like the old days.

I read that we won't know who Jr. is going with till the July Daytona race.
I've been a die-hard Mark Martin fan since the 80's, watched him race ASA too. But he's retiring soon for good and I'm liking Tony more and more. I'll always pull for the Roush guys (since Kurt Busch is gone) and Ford Racing but Smoke is fun to watch, he's not afraid to hang it out to get to the front like the old days.
A man after my own heart. I love Mark Martin but with him stepping down i'm picking out Smoke T-Shirts haha. I used to believe in Ford Racing. Now I see that in his spare time Jack Rousch robs from orphanages on xmas eve and sells the toys to Haitian dictators at 100% profit to help pay for his extra special 480 mile motors. If the race is 500 miles his cars will be great until right around lap 480 when the motor pukes all over itself. If Martin drove a chevy for 19 years he would have won 4 championships and I wouldn't have to talk about him being the best driver to never win a championship. God bless the old man for his loyalty but he screwed the pooch on that one.

Wish he would have wrecked Harvick at daytona...can't be mad at him though

haha man i do love me some NASCAR
argueing about it the best part haha
a wise man once said...
"NASCAR ain't about who you like son...its about yelling at who you don't like"
I do tend to get carried away sometimes when it comes to sports...i won't lie.

so you can bust my chops all day f&g...i earned it for sure

little known fact
hendrick motorsports is actually funded by a top secret russian drug ring that specializes in beating up handicapped people, pushing old ladies down stairs and kicking puppies. true story*

*the preceding tidbit is not backed by any factual evidence and in reality is more than likely false. it is simply the conjecture and hear say of a very jealous and disgruntled nascar fan

not jr news but anywho....TV Special Thursday: SPEED will air a one-hour special edition of The SPEED Report hosted by Mike Joy at 8:00pm/et on Thursday [June 7] following the funeral of NASCAR Vice Chairman and former Chairman, CEO and President Bill France Jr. The special will re-air at 12midnight/et.(6-6-2007)

Everybody can say all they want about Jr.......... Not alot that has been stated about him is true - While in the Busch Series he won two championships in two years, but in his 1st year? He started eight races. There are only seven driver that currently have more wins than he does. He's spent 4 of his seven years in the top 10 in points. I watched his first cup race, think about your favorite cup drivers first race without researching it........ do you remember?????? I doubt it. I was an Ernie Irvan fan before I liked Junior..... Some will say Ernie who? O well. I've watched this sport for over 25 years, and can hardly be called a "bandwagon"fan. I watched Irvan's first race also. Coincidence maybe - Jr's first race was Richmond.... So was Irvan's a little over 10 years apart. Irvan raced a car fielded by Dale Earnhardt himself. Junior is not the best racer, but he IS a top shelf racer. Daddy had little to do with his driving. In fact Sr. was usually p'ed off at him. 15 of his wins came after the passing of his father. Dale probably didn't help him out there....... Does Dale Jr. measure up to Dale Sr.?????????? NO ONE DOES..... OR EVER WILL. In fact - Mark Martin is the only driver that is of the same make as Sr. was, AND HE HAS NEVER WON A CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!! I 'll say that Jeff Gordon is one of the best driver's ever, but 75% of his fans couldn't tell you who his sponsor was in USAC or Busch. Anyone can climb the ladder to the many bandwagons available and brag about "THEIR" driver, it's so easy. Just like it is easy to bash Dale Jr. However, gentle ribbing of the opposing fans is part of the fun. So Carry on. I might start rooting for JEFF or JImmie,or Tony, or, or, or since they are doing so good........;) Is this where I get in line for the bandwagon's?????????????????????

Just a couple of observations...Some are Gordon fans and some aren't.
1. Fans...I sell cars and not too long ago my used car manager got a Jeff Gordon Monte Carlo to sell. I gave him some real ribbing about the "rainbow warrior". We sold that car as fast as we could get it cleaned and on the lot.
2. Not...If you go to the local Chevy dealers parts dept, you will find all kinds of Stewart, Jr, Dale and all the other Chevy guys stuff for sale and stacked high. If you look real hard you might even see the one dusty Gordan car and hat over in the corner...all alone.

yessir jeff

make sure you tape your ankles good and tight before jumping on the Smoke wagon haha
While I'm not in to jumping on - I actually like most of the drivers out there. They are obviously talented enough to be there. I have no problems listening to people rant about other drivers and their inept capability to crash and burn. However, I get annoyed by ridiculous comparisons and the general lack of knowledge made apparent by most fans........... When comes down to just straight up blowin' each other some crap, I think that's fun. Shake 'n' Bake baby!!!!!

CrookedL, do you remember the Stroh's light car Mark ran in the 80's? Folgers in 88 untill he got Valvoline in 89. His first Nascar race was at North Wilksboro in 81 and his first win was at Rockingham I think in 89 and he finished third in points. I remember the Baby Ruth car Gordon ran in the Busch series. Ahhhh the good old days.

CrookedL, do you remember the Stroh's light car Mark ran in the 80's? Folgers in 88 untill he got Valvoline in 89. His first Nascar race was at North Wilksboro in 81 and his first win was at Rockingham I think in 89. I remember the Baby Ruth car Gordon ran in the Busch series. Ahhhh the good old days.
I believe your right about folgers, they came over for a year or so after Tim Richmond died. Gordons sponsor was Baby Ruth in Busch and Diet Pepsi in USAC. I always liked Martin, good dude. Like I said I was a one eyed swervin' Irvan fan! That goes back a little ways. Back when Morgan - Mcclure motorsports actually won races. My uncle still has some Stroh' Light Memorabilia, He's a Stroh's man and the Hats and shirts are his beer's only claim to fame! LOL Yep, the good ole days!

If you like nascar and dirt racing you will like these pics.

god bless eldora...
nice collection of pics brew
except for that one...its got a huge turd (harvick) on the back of that pickup...somebody should have scraped him off of their boots before getting in the truck

21 - 40 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.