Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts
Damm it ......

Jr. to make announcement Wed. UPDATE 3 looks like to Hendrick; Kyle Busch to DEI?: could this be the big announcement of where Dale Earnhardt Jr. will go and who he will drive for in 2008 and the future? NASCAR Nextel Cup driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. has scheduled a news conference for Wednesday at 11:00a,/et at his JR Motorsports race shop. [This is NOT open to the public] A full transcript will be released shortly after the news conference.(JR Motorsports PR)
SPEED to televise UPDATE: must be big....SPEED will interrupt regularly scheduled programming Wednesday morning, June 13 at 10:00am/et in anticipation of a live press conference from JR Motorsports about the future plans of Nextel Cup Series driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. At 11:00am/et, John Roberts will host a special live edition of The SPEED Report, with Bob Dillner on site in Mooresville, N.C. The press conference is expected to last one hour. At 7:00pm/et, SPEED will present a special half-hour edition of The SPEED Report to summarize the day's events.
XM Radio Sports Nation (XM channel 144) will also air the press conference live.
AND SIRIUS Satellite Radio will provide listeners with comprehensive live coverage of the news conference on Sirius NASCAR Radio channel 128
UPDATE: Officials with Ginn Racing and Joe Gibbs Racing each said their teams were not involved in the news conference while a spokesperson for Richard Childress Racing said the team owner is out of the country [New Zealand] on a hunting trip and that he is not expected to be back in the country tomorrow. A Hendrick Motorsports spokesman had no comment. A call to Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s spokesman was not immediately returned.(SceneDaily.com)
UPDATE 2: ESPN.com's Marty Smith reports: Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Wednesday will announce his intent to drive the #5 Hendrick Motorsports Chevy in 2008, multiple sources with intimate knowledge of negotiations told ESPN.com Tuesday on condition of anonymity. Hendrick Motorsports declined comment Tuesday, and e-mails and calls sent to Earnhardt's representation were not returned. Kelley Earnhardt Elledge, who has handled contract negotiations for her brother, declined to comment on the report. There was some speculation that the wheels are already in motion to plant Earnhardt in the #5 now driven by Kyle Busch before season's end, but Dale Earnhardt, Inc. president Max Siegel, contacted by phone Tuesday, discounted that scenario, saying Earnhardt would remain in the #8 through season's end. Sources said there are indications that Busch may not finish the year in the #5. Busch is under contract with HMS through the end of next season, and Hendrick had been working to sign the 22-year old driver to an extension. Jeff Dickerson, an attorney for Busch, told ESPN.com that "a lot of things may or may not occur. Out of respect for Hendrick Motorsports, we're not really sure what's going on yet. But we're trying. I don't think anything's changed yet. I can not tell you that Kyle is out of the #5 for 2008." Meanwhile, one potential scenario would be Casey Mears moving to the #5 and Earnhardt moving to the #25 currently being driven by Mears [Budweiser sponsored Hendrick and the #25 for many years]. It is unknown whether sponsor Budweiser will follow Earnhardt to Hendrick.(ESPN.com), the Associated Press is reporting similar news/speculatn.(6-12-2007)
UPDATE 3: Hearing that Dale Earnhardt, Jr. will end up at Hendrick Motorsports, taking Kyle Busch's roster spot. As to what happens to Busch, he'll take Junior's place at Dale Earnhardt, Incorporated.(6-12-2007):banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3 Guess I will Be a Tony#20 fan now

UPDATE 3: Hearing that Dale Earnhardt, Jr. will end up at Hendrick Motorsports, taking Kyle Busch's roster spot. As to what happens to Busch, he'll take Junior's place at Dale Earnhardt, Incorporated.(6-12-2007)
Somebody say it not so..!!!!!!!!!!

As a Gordon fan and someone who thinks Earnhardt got too much hype because of his name, i'm looking forward to and hope the announcement is what everyone is saying it's going to be. It would be nice to see Earnhardt live up to his potential and his family history in the best race cars out there right now. There's no doubt Hendrick has the best cars, and to see Johnson, Gordon, and Earnhardt on the same team, well that's a Nascar monopoly. Can you imagine what next year would be like it Hendrick keeps going like they are now and add Earnhardt?

Haaaa Haaaaa Haaaaa.....Nascar racing and Champeen Ship Wrasslin'...they do have a lot in common. Just like the good guy switching over to be the bad guy in wrasslin'...then whisperin' in each other's ear..."You won last night in Fort Wayne, it's my turn to win tonight in Evansville." Haaaa Haaaaa Haaaaa...vrooom! vroooom!

to he11 with Jr. I was almost starting to warm up to him...now I hope he drives hendrick cars like he did his momma's cars. What will his excuse be when he has the best cars money can buy and he still jams his nose into somebody elses rear end (ya i meant it exactly the way it sounds).

to he11 with Jr. I was almost starting to warm up to him...now I hope he drives hendrick cars like he did his momma's cars. What will his excuse be when he has the best cars money can buy and he still jams his nose into somebody elses rear end (ya i meant it exactly the way it sounds).
A little animosity there??????? He's still won more races than a minimum of 36 current drivers..... maybe more. If he blows it with the best cars money can buy, so be it. Kyle sure as he11 likes to tear those cars up. Dang near every week. I'm not sure until his statement, but I am sure that a whole hell of a lot of half-azz nascar fans like to beatch about JR........ His stats aren't like daddy's or Jeffy's or Jimmie's or Tony's, but he's not too far off statistically speaking.

A little animosity there??????? He's still won more races than a minimum of 36 current drivers..... maybe more. If he blows it with the best cars money can buy, so be it. Kyle sure as he11 likes to tear those cars up. Dang near every week. I'm not sure until his statement, but I am sure that a whole hell of a lot of half-azz nascar fans like to beatch about JR........ His stats aren't like daddy's or Jeffy's or Jimmie's or Tony's, but he's not too far off statistically speaking.
and im his new biggest fan..:evilsmile

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Golly gosh darn! I like Junior, but can't stand Jeffy and Jimmy or Casey. I don't see him getting along with that bunch.
I think that the drivers will learn to at least get along professionally. The question is, can all of their fans learn to get along?:grouphug:

I JUST READ THAT HE IS GOING TO HENDRICK RACING, REPLACING KYLE BUSH.
Where is Shrub going?? I'll sponsor a Gibb's car for him if he wants one...

Kyle Busch--"Man that Kellogs Jones Motorsports Gibbs Racing Chevy Impala SS sure was fast tonight. The fellas really had her dialed in there at the end..." sounds pretty alright to me...

41 - 60 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.