Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts
Where is Shrub going?? I'll sponsor a Gibb's car for him if he wants one...

Kyle Busch--"Man that Kellogs Jones Motorsports Gibbs Racing Chevy Impala SS sure was fast tonight. The fellas really had her dialed in there at the end..." sounds pretty alright to me...
Yeah...... 'til he hit something......

Think the #8 is owned by his former team.....
Yes, it is but JR. wants it........... He may end up w/it. It may cost Hendrick's but, thats just a drop in the bucket......... Numbers are always for sale w/the exception of the #3. The team owner owns the #. Just depends on what someone will pay for it. Rick Hendrick has already stated that he would trade the #5 (his first car #) for the 8. That's pretty serious.

Discussion starter · #70 ·
I think Busch will be driving for DEI next year so Jr. will probably get to keep the #8 and Busch will keep the #5. I think Budweiser will stay with Jr. because they have had a relationship with Hendrick in the past.

Yes, it is but JR. wants it........... He may end up w/it. It may cost Hendrick's but, thats just a drop in the bucket......... Numbers are always for sale w/the exception of the #3. The team owner owns the #. Just depends on what someone will pay for it. Rick Hendrick has already stated that he would trade the #5 (his first car #) for the 8. That's pretty serious.
But, will Teresa keep #8 just to spite JR?

Sorry Jones, I couldn't resist.
Kyle Busch--"Man that Kelloggs Jones Motorsports DEI Racing Chevy Impala SS sure was fast tonight. The fellas really had her dialed in there at the end..." sounds pretty alright to me...[/quote]

Kyle Busch,
"Yeah, I had a great car, right up until I ran in to my brother again. We'll get'em next week!"

"Yeah, I had a good car all the way up till I hit the wall! We'll get'em next week!"

"Yeah, I had a great car till I caught up with the pack and got in traffic and hit the wall"

Same driver, Same story week after week.

Sorry Jones, I couldn't resist.
Kyle Busch--"Man that Kelloggs Jones Motorsports DEI Racing Chevy Impala SS sure was fast tonight. The fellas really had her dialed in there at the end..." sounds pretty alright to me...
Kyle Busch,
"Yeah, I had a great car, right up until I ran in to my brother again. We'll get'em next week!"

"Yeah, I had a good car all the way up till I hit the wall! We'll get'em next week!"

"Yeah, I had a great car till I caught up with the pack and got in traffic and hit the wall"

Same driver, Same story week after week.[/quote]
:cwm27: :cwm27: :cwm27: :cwm27: :cwm27:

Dale Jr. to announce deal with adidas: Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Friday will announce a personal services agreement with clothing manufacturer adidas, sources told ESPN.com. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Sources said adidas will manufacture Earnhardt's fire retardant driving suits and shoes, and the Nextel Cup star will be involved in promoting specific consumer apparel. Earnhardt has yet to announce the biggest piece of his sponsorship puzzle for 2008 -- the primary financial-backer [rumored to be Mountain Dew or Monster Energy Drink] of his Hendrick Motorsports Chevy. Earnhardt is leaving Dale Earnhardt Inc., the company his late father founded, to drive for Hendrick Motorsports next season.(ESPN.com)(7-5-2007).....:coolgleam :coolgleam :coolgleam

From a SEA of RED to a SEA of GREEN.....

Dale Jr. in the #88 Mountain Dew/AMP Energy/National Guard Chevy in 2008: It was announced at a press conference in Dallas, TX, that Dale Earnhardt Jr., who announced in May he would leave the #8 DEI Chevy, then in June he would drive for Hendrick Motorsports, and Rick Hendrick announced Earnhardt Jr. would drive the #88 Chevy with sponsorship Mountain Dew / AMP Energy Drink / Army National Guard in 2008. Dale Jr. thanked Robert and Doug Yates for working with him to get the #88.(ESPNEWS/SPEED press conference coverage), will post the press releases, images and transcripts as they are available during the day. Added a video capture of an image of the cars on my Paint Scheme Gallery.(9-19-2007)

:help: :help: :help:

as opposed to "Dang we had a good car till i drove the freakin guts out of it..."

I know this is tough to understand for Junior fans...but 42 other drivers (including his own teammates) manage to finish 99% of all races without puking the motor. If somehow magically Truex Jr (the face of DEI) somehow manages to finish races with motors from the same shop it's very difficult to blame Jr's 5 blown engines on the engine builder.

Did you see his press conference?? He shaved. He combed and parted his hair. He wore a collared shirt. hes already toeing the Hendrick party line!! He's Jimmy Johnson (minus the good looks, hot wife, about 30 wins and a championship...oh and overall driving talent.)

61 - 80 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.