Indiana Sportsman Forum banner

Dale Earnhardt Jr. NEWS....

11K views 82 replies 20 participants last post by  crookedlake92 
#1 ·
This Just in. Dale Earnhardt Jr. has decided to race for Michael Waltrip Racing next year.

Apparently he wants sundays off.

#9 ·
I heard from people that read, along with heard from nascar scripts that JR and Truex Jr are leaving DEI to join the team of Gibbs Racing. JR will be driving for VISA as his main sponsor and I'm not sure what Truex will be. I just heard they will be partners with Smoke. What a team.

#11 ·
JR will never drive as good as daddy, JR has nothing but a name. This just me gang not trying to start a fight or nothing like that. I don't think JR is that good of a driver. SORRY again that just me, and I hope this don't hurt anyone feeling) That would be a good team him with smoke. There should be some go fights.

#12 ·
I'm sure Tony would help him a bunch as a teammate, they are already friends. It would only make Junior that much better. I believe he has as much skill as his father had, just not that "have no friends, wreck everybody" attitude.

#14 ·
1979-1986 Dale Earnhardt won 20 races.
2000-2007 Dale Earnhardt Jr has won 17 races.

Lets not forget the 22 Busch series wins and 2 championships.

He is not just a name, hes a great driver.
Let him prove it at this level. With the money he had to spend before the it became as popular as it is these days for cup guys to drive busch, an autistic monkey in a wheelchair could have beaten those guys. The busch series when he raced it was not much of a proving ground, and the history of guys who spend enough time there to win championships, then move up in recent history is not very encouraging. If you can drive, you get to cup at 18 or 20 (i.e. Kyle Busch) you won't wallow around the Busch series until you are 25 or daddy can build you a team.

Jr. can drive, he is in the top half of the field, but he is not an "elite" driver. He can't think his way around a track like his pa could, like Jeffy can, like Tony can, like Mark can. He is a driver...not a racer...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

#15 ·
Let him prove it at this level. With the money he had to spend before the it became as popular as it is these days for cup guys to drive busch, an autistic monkey in a wheelchair could have beaten those guys. The busch series when he raced it was not much of a proving ground, and the history of guys who spend enough time there to win championships, then move up in recent history is not very encouraging. If you can drive, you get to cup at 18 or 20 (i.e. Kyle Busch) you won't wallow around the Busch series until you are 25 or daddy can build you a team.

Jr. can drive, he is in the top half of the field, but he is not an "elite" driver. He can't think his way around a track like his pa could, like Jeffy can, like Tony can, like Mark can. He is a driver...not a racer...
Blah, Blah, Blah ,Blah..............................................;)

#16 ·
I think who is the best driver is a topic that might rival crossbows/rifles in Indiana for nasty, backbiting, pigheaded and just plain fun to read posts.
I tend to like the old guys...rough and tumble...take no cr$# from anybody. I loved to watch Jimmy Spencer...now I root for Mark Martin.

#17 ·
Hell JR hunts and fish on Smokes property here in Indiana makes since to be teammates, I've heard that Jr owns part of it also.... Not for certain though?
I heard from people that read, along with heard from nascar scripts that JR and Truex Jr are leaving DEI to join the team of Gibbs Racing. JR will be driving for VISA as his main sponsor and I'm not sure what Truex will be. I just heard they will be partners with Smoke. What a team.

#21 ·
I read that we won't know who Jr. is going with till the July Daytona race.
I've been a die-hard Mark Martin fan since the 80's, watched him race ASA too. But he's retiring soon for good and I'm liking Tony more and more. I'll always pull for the Roush guys (since Kurt Busch is gone) and Ford Racing but Smoke is fun to watch, he's not afraid to hang it out to get to the front like the old days.

#23 ·
I read that we won't know who Jr. is going with till the July Daytona race.
I've been a die-hard Mark Martin fan since the 80's, watched him race ASA too. But he's retiring soon for good and I'm liking Tony more and more. I'll always pull for the Roush guys (since Kurt Busch is gone) and Ford Racing but Smoke is fun to watch, he's not afraid to hang it out to get to the front like the old days.
A man after my own heart. I love Mark Martin but with him stepping down i'm picking out Smoke T-Shirts haha. I used to believe in Ford Racing. Now I see that in his spare time Jack Rousch robs from orphanages on xmas eve and sells the toys to Haitian dictators at 100% profit to help pay for his extra special 480 mile motors. If the race is 500 miles his cars will be great until right around lap 480 when the motor pukes all over itself. If Martin drove a chevy for 19 years he would have won 4 championships and I wouldn't have to talk about him being the best driver to never win a championship. God bless the old man for his loyalty but he screwed the pooch on that one.

Wish he would have wrecked Harvick at daytona...can't be mad at him though

#26 ·
haha man i do love me some NASCAR
argueing about it the best part haha
a wise man once said...
"NASCAR ain't about who you like son...its about yelling at who you don't like"
I do tend to get carried away sometimes when it comes to sports...i won't lie.

so you can bust my chops all day f&g...i earned it for sure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.