close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DEC is the man!

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by jstalljon, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Just wanted to give a quick shout out to Derek. Ran over to his neck of the woods last night after work with frozen turkey tail in hand. He offered to help show me how to do my own fan mount, which I was more than willing to accept that offer.

Got to his house where I was immediately met with a smile, handshake, and a cold beer. Showed me around his house and pole barn (He truly is a decoy addict!), and the "ambush tree"... It's literally a cluster of about 5 trees he stands in to hunt. It's about 3 feet off the ground, and he claims there are deer that always walked by him within bow range!:coco:

Anyway, the tail still needed to thaw a bit, so we decided to throw the bows in the truck and head to the local range. Well, his hospitality continued as he "allowed" :rolleyes: me to get the better of him on the 3D range.

Here's the proof: :biggrin:
    [​IMG]

We got back to his house, threw down some awesome pork burgers and got started on the tail. It wan't too bad at all, and Derek did a great job of explaining everything. As we were wrapping things up, I was heading to the truck and lo and behold there were two deer....standing 20 yards from the ambush tree! :yikes: The guys definitely has it good!

Here are some pics of the tail pinned on the board....

[​IMG]

And of coure one with the official I.S. measuring stick! :lol:

[​IMG]

Thanks again Derek! Had a great time....and I'd better not see that Hoyt up here in the classified ads! :evil:

2. Jon, that fan mount is going to look amazing. Nice tail fan, great beard!

Sounds like you guys had a blast.

3. Nice bird Jon. Derek also gave me the entire run-down over the phone for mine. Great help he was...!!!

You guys didn't shoot any 11's... :biggrin:

4. That's what it's about. Friends helping each other through the site, good times, and the IS official measuring device! Good to hear.
    You the man D!!!

5. I am selling one moderately used Hoyt ... PM me if you are interested.:evilsmile

I didn't let Jon beat me. He beat me fair and square. I could make excuses but I won't. Just a little rusty and not on my A game. I told him though it isn't good beating me on my home court. People in the hood are taken out for beating punks on their own court. I was tempted to arrange a drive by on Jon, but thought I'd give him a break this time.;)

We had fun. Stayed up way too late drinking beers and b.s.ing though. I'm dragging a little today.

Jon had to crash in my trophy room for the night. I think he was trying to get a little mojo to wear off on him for the upcoming seasons.:evil:

6. from the looks of those score cards maybe you were hoping some of his mojo would wear off on you derek haha

did the stallion pickup any girls at the range derek??

sounds like a blast was had by all

7. This is how I first felt when I woke up this morning...[​IMG]
    Mexican for lunch should take care of that though!:yikes:

I'm sure Derek is firing a few arrows through my bow right now, won't make you any better though buddy, just keep practicing! :evilsmile

No women at the archery shop Jonesy...although Derek's girls probably have immense crushes on the Stallion! ;)

Definitely a great time....

8. Uh ... yea ... OK ... That must be why Sydney woke up this morning, ran into my bedroom and said "Dad there is a Yeti in my bathroom taking a shower!":yikes:

9. In all seriousness ... the title of the thread is all wrong. "The Man" is nice but come on. I'm just helping a brother out. I'd do the same for anyone on this forum. Friends helping friends is what it is all about.

It was a fun time last night.:coolgleam

10. I am scheduled next week to have some of my back hair transplanted to my balding scalp! :16suspect :biggrin:

11. Dangit Jon, we don't need to hear that.... haha.

12. :yikes:

Yeah, sounds like you guys had a great time together........:help:

13. Hey, lover boy, I'll pass on the "friends", O.K.?:help:

14. :biggrin:

Sorry fellas, sounds like you guys had a great time. It's too bad that us heathens weren't invited to join in the fun (and the pork burgers...Mmmmmm Pork Burgers!!!!)