close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer and Coyote with Bow

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by tersuesar, Oct 30, 2005.

1. October 29, 2005 8:00 AM:

120 lb button buck moves in with two other deer, to check out my bleet can call. Shot at the buck and he jumped the string. He slowly walked away and I shot again. He didn't duck this time. While I was waiting (about 15 min), A Coyote was coming to check out the call. She stopped at my 20 yd marker. I drew and had to wait till she moved from behind a branch. I whacked her and she only went 15 yds.

The button buck went down in 50 yds. A quartering away shot at 20 yds got him through the liver and heart and the left front shoulder.

A nice way to end early bow season!
    (see photo in gallery)

2. great job. you are lucky to get the coy with your bow. i'm ready for firearms season to come in.

3. Yeah Ice Dude,

I can't wait for firearm season too! It will get me out of the house. Why you ask? The wife was really ticked off at me for taking my coyote to Rand Millers Taxidermy. I'm trying to smoosgh things over by selling one of my muzzleloaders. (remington 700mls - Elkhart truth) Hopefully, I will be able to hunt in firearm season!

4. Thats the same loader i shoot. Man i love that gun.

Do you have a scope on it? What you want to get out of it?

5. I used to have a simmons 4-12xAO on it. I'm asking $250 for it. I bought it from a friend about 4 years ago. it was one of the first of the mls series. He shot a nice 10 pointer with it.It has an add on 209 ignition, rings and all the accessories in the factory box. I shot my first doe with it a couple of years ago. I poked her with a .475 hardcast bullet with 70gn of cleanshot powder @ 60 yds. I took her high in the lungs. She only went about 30 yds. It has a few pits in the bore but comparing it to some of the 700's down at albertson's in Warsaw, its in great shape for half the cost. I'm here in Elkhart @ (574) 522-1545