Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
284 Posts
The above answer is correct. The point is that, whatever tag is used, you still have to count it toward your antlerless quota.

This strategy is the opposite of what you do on private land, which is to always use BA tags first so that you can reserve your archer/ML tag for another deer of either sex (ie you can still hunt bucks instead of being restricted to antlerless only).

· Registered
284 Posts
my strategy on private land is to drop a buck before gun season starts. a lot more does than bucks after opening weekend around farm country. the big ones spend a lot more time running at night after that too, from my trail cams opinion.
Maybe I wasn't clear...what I mean is IF YOU SHOOT A DOE then you would want to use your BA tag on it, NOT your archery/ML tag. The classic mistake is shoot a doe on opening day of ML and use your ML tag on it. Then you can't take a buck with your ML.

I was only referring to how to actually use the tags, not the order in which you choose to shoot your deer. Thanks for the clarification.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts