close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Camp

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by MI Duck Hunter, Dec 16, 2005.

1. I have lived in this great state of Indiana since July and something just dawned on me, well at least the question did. Do deer hunters go to "deer camp" in Indiana? I moved here from Michigan and it is a common thing there.

MIDH

2. I'd love to get in a good "deer camp" atmosphere here in central IN. I'm a member of a club right now but it's not a close-knit group. Only about 2 or 3 of us are sociable. The others come to hunt and leave. No get togethers.

We have a parcel of land in Morgan County. I will probably look elsewhere next year.

3. oh yeah, we have a deer camp down at Brookville. We take the pontoon...which is our house boat and do all of the deer camp things.

4. We have about 600 acres in Fulton county we hunted for the first time this year. We have a 28 ft camper with slide-outs and sleeps 8. We have a group of us who have been buddies for the past few years there almost every weekend, either camping out with us, or just there for a day.

We also have 1300 acres in Greene county we prefer to hunt early archery on, but also camp out in Summer for family weekends of shooting and fishing in the ponds and ATV riding on the trails. Also have a couple campers as well as a 10x20ft spike camp tent we set up and use as as a storage area for gear and as a cooking/dining tent.

We have anywhere from 2-8 who show up about every weekend at these camps. At each camp we have a 100 yard shooting range, electricity, toilets (at the insistence of the wives), ATV trails, permanent tree stands for those who use them, shooting blinds, a sealed shed dog kennel for my beagles, and plenty of good times for all.

5. For me Deer Camp was a fun get together week of hunting and just being guys. I really missed doing it this year. I really need to hook up with some hunters to try to get in on it here. We also did duck camp every year too. I was always the designated camp cook in Michigan. Yes this is begging. LOL

MIDH

6. I just moved here from Arkansas. Have not met anyone to hunt and fish with yetbut hope to soon. Have not been in a good deer camp for many years but would like to here. Either join one that is already going or maybe meet some other sportsmen and start a new club. Yep. Maybe I'm begging too. Anybody out there in the same boat?

7. Rockport is way down here at the bottom across the river from Owensboro.

8. Right between Reo and Grandview. :tongue:

9. My Mother In Law lives in Grandview. I did some bowhunting at her place over Christmas. Her husband, now deceased, was Martin Gross. He did a lot of duck hunting down there. He also shot one of the biggest deer I've seen about 20 years ago. I've got a picture of it. I'll see if I can post it.

10. tryin to get a club together myself but cant get any support if anybody is around harrison county lets get together