close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Carrier

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by coonslayer21, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Anybody have a suggestion on what i could use as a deer carrier?:confused: :confused: I don't want to spend $100 on one :banghead3 :banghead3

2. Grab em by the front legs and not the back. Makes the drag ten times easier. If you are going up big hills. I recommend getting a hoist and tying it to a tree at the top of the hill. Take the hook end down to the deer and with the short end at the top of the hill. Tie a stick around it. Take the stick and back down the hill while your buddy helps to drag the buck up the hill. Its a miracle worker. As for the carts I think you could build your own. It cant be that hard if you look at them.

3. i was think about modifieing a dolly some how, i know where to get one real cheap. i might tinker around one over the weekend.

4. Rural King.

On sale until 9/10/06.... $49.99

5. Where's that at??

6. ruralking is in muncie kokomo or newcastle check the web site to ruralking .com

i'm sure they have other locations good deals on just about any hunting equipment treestands etc.

7. We made one that looks like a stretcher that isn't too bad.

I've also been to a state park hunt and a few military hunts and seen guys using a wheelbarrow to get equipment in and deer out, but I haven't actually tried that method myself.

8. Deer Carrier..

Hey Partner..

For the last nine years, I have been using one that used to be made in Brownsburg, Indiana. It is called the Indiana Rickshaw. It sold new for about $175.00 but haul ONE deer out with it and it will PAY FOR IT SELF!!

It is built VERY SOLID and has 28" bicycle balloon tires and tubes for added ground clearance. (Many units DO NOT.) You can PUSH it, PULL it and we even added a small boat trailer winch with 150' of plastic coated cableto it to help get it up the steep ridges from the creekbottom.

They are NO LONGER being made, but some archery tackle centers still have some of these and trust me... THEY ARE WELL WORTH THE INVESTMENT. We average hauling 8 deer a season out of our area from the early archery season, through firearms, muzzleloader and late archery and these units have saved our backs, shoulders and heart conditions many times.(None of us are Spring Chickens anymore.)

I can send you some photos of the Indiana Rickshaw. My friend that built them for many years retired due to health issues but IF you can get your hands on one.. you will like it..We have NEVER regretted buying ours. If you have a few hunting partners chip in, it really isn't too expensive.

GOOD HUNTING..
    Bud

9. we have one that is has a 2in round metal tubing frame, two wheelbarrow tires and coverlite to support the deer. it works ten times better than any cart i've used that was bought. the beauty of the things is that you can haul two deer at once unlike most bought carts.

10. THEY MAKE A PLASTIC SLED, KINDA NARROW AND LONG, THAT SUPPOSE TO TAKE AWAY SOME OF THE FRICTION OF DRAGGING A DEERS BODY ON THE GROUND. I HAVE ONE, BUT HAVE NEVER USED IT, AN ATV WORKS MUCH BETTER.

11. i bought one at rural king last yr. they are great. find some one that has one and take measurements and then get some conduit and make one. i seen an article a couple yrs. ago with plans for the same thing. all you would need is the tires 20" preferably nuts and bolts and a pipe bender.

12. go to this site http://peteward.com/deercart2.doc there's complete instructions to build a deer cart out of conduit very cheap. hope this helps.

13. I use my tractor, but when I can't do that I use what God gave me arms and legs. How do you have to drag one out?

14. We use the cheap dime store plastic sleds kids use to slide down the snow hills. 5 bucks for the sled and a hunk of rope will drag that deer out real slick.

15. I forgot to tell you about my favorite deer carrier. Some call it 410. My dad's used it a couple of times now, works great just needs a mute button.