Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Rsmith377 clean him up next time before pics. He deserves way more respect than that..nice deer though
My bad, had a lot going on, didn't have anything on me to clean him and was rushing to get to doctors appointment with my wife. I do say a prayer every time I harvest a deer and thank the good Lord for allowing me the opportunity to harvest one of his creatures.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Rsmith377 clean him up next time before pics. He deserves way more respect than that..nice deer though
Why? How is taking a pic with the blood still on him disrespectful to the deer? He's dead, he just killed him that's what they look like when we kill them. I for one enjoy seeing the pics with the blood and think its disrespectful to hide the fact that we kill our food. The blood shows me you made a great shot as well! Are butchers supposed to wipe the blood off of slaughtered cows and pigs before they turn them into food?
rsmith, great buck and great pics, congrats! I too kneel down and give praise and thanks to our Lord Jesus Christ for all His creation and the bounty to feed our family's.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It doesnt bother me but it might others. The comment about the cows and pigs is pure ignorance. Do butchers take pictures of cows and pigs, put the up on social media. No they dont. My point strictly comes from anti hunters who see things like that and use them against hunters. You never know what pictures can be used against us as hunters, and therefore we should give the the least little bit of ammunition we can. But again he is an amazing animal

·
Registered
800 Posts
Wish I could count this on my team.
So a hair over two weeks ago Matthew kills his first elk.
We comeback home and today is opening day of gun. (We missed archery for the most part)
This morning at 10:15 Matthew lays the smackdown on this nice 10 point buck.
One shot hard quartering away and he slips the 80 grain Barnes ttsx between the last and next to last rib and believe it or not we caught the bullet on the top of the off shoulder.
This is our first hunt with Indianas new center fire rifle laws and it sure beats shotguns and muzzleloaders.
Matthews having a great year says he can't wait for goose season now.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I had a busy weekend with the harvest of 3 antlerless deer......freezer is full.....time for one for the wall!

First was Saturday afternoon about 3:30 pm - 30/30
Second was Sunday morning at roughly 8 am - 30/30
Third was Sunday morning about 8:30 am - 30/30

I will say that as against the high-powered rifle use as I was my 30/30 does a real clean ob thus far and doesn't extend my range beyond what it was with my shotgun and is FAR easier on the shoulder to shot. Still not sure we need the ability to kill deer at 200 and 300 yards, but my 30/30 was nice.

I think I can only claim 2 of them, but this was the only pictures I took.

Took the daughter out Saturday morning and she had a chance at a little buck but missed cleanly twice.....buck fever got the better of her. She went out with me again last night and had chances to shoot but felt two nervous so we practiced calming ourselves and the like with the deer present. She still had a ball.
Photograph Vertebrate Muscle Beard Mammal

Reactions: vsmorgantown
41 - 60 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.