close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Feeders

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Indianahunter, Feb 28, 2007.

1. I'm interested in knowing what those who feed their deer use for feed?

2. crack corn in my feeders. its cheap and it makes them go :dizzy: .

3. feed deer i stupid really because of disease at the feed side if one deer is affected the disease will spread.

4. I would like to know if someone can tell me if the deer feeder has to be taken off the property during hunting season ALTHOUGH it is empty...Wanting to concrete one in the ground to keep people from stealing it..
    Thanks

5. I think the feeder can stay as long as the "bait" is removed in time. And to answer the old question that was posted, if you go to your local feed and grain supplier they can help you with a mix that will boost protien and nutrition. I ususally only put out the feed on a regular basis from Jan. to May so when native vegitation and crops arrive the deer are not playing catch up.
    The idea that the deer will all catch disease is silly, amazing how all the people with captive deer keep their deer alive isn't it. I will concede that mass disease is possible, however highly unlikely.