close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer or Turkey

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by dleslie217, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Which would you rather hunt, deer or turkey? For me it's a real toss up but, I do think I get pumped up a little more having a big tom struttin in than I do when I have a shot at a deer. I admit that may change if I ever get a shot at a Booner or a P&Y though. Another question is , which of the two do you think is harder to hunt?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2007
  2. Great question...easy for me at the moment, because I haven't been turkey hunting yet. So i'm gonna say deer...but i'm lookin forward to the turkey adventure...

3. Deer...but that might change a little this year if you put me on a tom.

4. I would choose deer hunting because of the challenge of outsmarting an old doe or buck. I love turkey hunting with a passion, and it is a challenge to call an old tom in and get a shot. But on the other hand, turkey hunting can be less challenging than hunting a specific mature buck, imo. I love em, and they have great eyesite and hearing, but turkeys are still one of the stupidest critters in the woods.

5. Hands down turkeys in the spring.

I love to deer hunt, but turkeys are where it is at.

Fall turkey season is OK, but spring season just flat ROCKS! I just love working the birds, getting them all fired up, watching them strut ... head slapping them with a face full of #5's is pretty cool too.:biggrin:

6. Turkey. I haven't hunted them for years due to lack of opportunity and time, but Deer have nothing on a close range blue head!

7. it's almost a toss up for me but i think deer edge's an ole gobbler out by a smidge.

8. I love them both, but If I have to pick one, I'd say Deer, although I get really pumped every time I hear a Gobbler answer me. I've taken many more deer than turkey and I still get pumped up when I'm deer hunting.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2007
  9. 1. Gobble Gobble!!!!
    2. Deer
    3. Fowl

I love them all...right now it is Turkey, but ask me again in about 5-6 months...

10. Both, turkey in the spring...deer in the fall....

11. Outsmarting a large chicken just isn't my adrenaline high.........

Outsmarting 150+ inches of Bone that has 200+ pounds of muscle and will to elude like few other creatures on this planet...............Bingo!! :coolgleam

12. It's obvious you've never tried to out wit a Quail!!:evilsmile

13. Deer first, but only because I've hunted them longer. This will be my ninth year turkey hunting (holy crap, I'm getting old!), and I love every minute of it. I guess maybe they're about even for me...hell, I don't know.

14. Yup...........I tried training one once............and after that whole experience in my short life...........

...............I just gave up. :evil: :evil: