close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Reduction permits?

Discussion in 'Questions about Indiana Hunting/Fishing Laws' started by goggleye57, Nov 3, 2005.

1. I am going to hunt opening weekend at my cousin's farm in Parke County- Which is a designated deer reduction county. Its hard to believe the potential kill if one wanted to kill that many deer. My max is two decent size adult deer through shotgun and muzzleloader season. I have lots of deer meat from last year and I just butchered and cut up a hog so my freezer is close to being full before the season even starts. But as I understand it I could shoot 4 deer on regular antlerless permits and still shoot 4 more antlerless deer in Parke County? A total of 8 from one county? Then go to one of the other reduction counties and still shoot 4 more from each county if I had a place to hunt? 13 times 4 for each county = 52 antlerless deer plus the 4 first antlerless, the buck from gun season, the additional antlerless from muzzleloader = 58 deer and that doesnt include stateparks, archery, and military reservation drawing hunts. Thats alot of potential venison!:corkysm55:coco::)

2. does seam like alot of deer. one thing. who has all the time to hunt for that many deer. would be nice to just take time out to kill one nice buck and a doe. good luck filling all those tags.

3. I'm with you - a nice buck and a doe would be a plenty for one season:)

4. I believe your assessment of alloted permits is correct. That would be a pile of venison, for sure!
    HB

5. Well, I haven't done my part I guess...let two walk Sat that would have been easy shots, but not the buck I'm looking for.