close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dick Cheney's got a gun....

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Hoosier_Steelheader, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Steelhead WOW what a song, I bet it will be NO#1 in no time. HA!

2. It can be funny ,but its very bad what news/media is making of a hunting accident,its all we needed.What would they do if it had been Al GORE,he does hunt once and a while,or any famous democrat,or would that be then a tragedy?

3. Reloader, You are correct, our media is bias, there's no doubt about it. It's not just the dem's vs GOP, look at the way the media in the USA is refusing to run the cartoons which most of Europe has ran, but a few years back they had no problem publishing defaced Christian icons.

Back to the VP, accidents happen, in another thread on the subject, I shared how I was part of a hunt where a friend was accidentally shot (not fatally, but serious) we all learned a valuable lesson which we were able to pass on to our kids.

No matter what happens in the field (good or bad) the anti's are still going to try and shut us down. Our stance needs to be that as Sportsmen / Sportswomen we take pride as well as responsibility for our actions afield. Yes sometimes accidents happen but when they do, we accept that as part of our sport. The difference between me (and I think most of us) is that we would take responsibility on site or at the emrgency room, rather than wait 4 days, and then only after we had contacted our P.R. managers.

That's my $.02 worth.

4. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

That is so bad....

5. I think that if there was a Democrat in the white house, the media would be just as bulldoggish. What is percieived as either a conservative or liberal media might just depend on who is in power. In other words the media's actions are just how the media is, and even though we may or may not like them, they serve an important purpose.

The delay in the reporting of the shooting by Cheney reminds me of when someone is stopped for possible drunken driving. If you refuse to take a breathalizer test you will be assumed guilty. Cheney coudl have avoided the mess by reporting the incident immediately.

Ok so I should be watching Daytona.