Indiana Sportsman Forum banner

Did I make a mistake???

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  RonSwanson 
#1 ·
Ok got to vent I think or eat crow one or the other. Back in December and even early this year I distinctly recall looking at the DNR website for the turkey dates. I have to pick dates in December. The web showed 4/20-5/8 as the Turkey season this year. We are alway the 3rd Wed and open the Wed after KY, OH and MO. So now I see today. only because a buddy told me, that season is NEXT WEEK UGH!!!!

My question is- did anyone else see the 4/20 date? Am I losing my mind? When did they change the 4/20 date if they did.......I am crushed today, but would have felt worse shooting a bird tomorrow.

#2 ·
Ok got to vent I think or eat crow one or the other. Back in December and even early this year I distinctly recall looking at the DNR website for the turkey dates. I have to pick dates in December. The web showed 4/20-5/8 as the Turkey season this year. We are alway the 3rd Wed and open the Wed after KY, OH and MO. So now I see today. only because a buddy told me, that season is NEXT WEEK UGH!!!!

My question is- did anyone else see the 4/20 date? Am I losing my mind? When did they change the 4/20 date if they did.......I am crushed today, but would have felt worse shooting a bird tomorrow.
I don't recall seeing the 20th but I noticed that it didn't fall on the 3rd Wednesday like it usually is. Doesn't matter to me at this point though. My wife's water broke at 4 this morning so I am going to be busy!!

#3 ·
I don't recall seeing it online, although I usually put it on my calendar as soon as the Hunting and Trapping guide comes out in July ( if you are like me you have to think ahead to get vacation days on the schedule).

I wish the season was starting this week I heard a lot of birds Saturday morning around Patoka Res. in Orange County while mushroom hunting.

#8 ·
There is an article I read that is dated 2011 explaining the late season. The DNR makes a big deal that it is the third Wed in April. This helps guys/gals figure vacation time off, unless it is the 20th then its the 4th Wed....Makes it so simple. LOL If its the 3rd Wed one day isn't hurting the season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.