close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DISH Network

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by JoshS, Nov 8, 2006.

1. How many of you have Dish Network? Have any of you been screwed over the past couple of days by not being able get an outside network channel like ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX? For those of us in the Terre Haute area, we don't have a local ABC channel so I had to get mine out of Chicago. Since some court ruling over the past couple of weeks, my ABC channel has been taken away. DISH will not allow me to get the ABC station out of Indy, because I am "Not in that particular viewing area." As you can tell, I am a little agitated because it takes my 20 minutes longer to drive to Indy and it does Terre Haute.

Not much more I can do since I soundly voiced my opinion to DISH and my lawmakers as requested.

Any thoughts!!

2. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

We have Direct TV at the lake....but get no ABC,CBS, or NBC. Used to get them out of LA and NY, but not any more.

Someone suggested we use our Ft.Wayne address to get the local channels but I don't know how that will work.

3. Your best shot right now is to get a local antenna to pick those stations up if you have a local broadcaster.

4. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

That's what a lot of our neighbors at the lake have...We tried the rabbit ears on the tv, but it didn't work....I can see me trying to install an outside antenna...injury waiting to happen.

5. Hey, Cary, I too have DirecTV, and only recently have we been able to acquire local channels...might be different in Branch Co. though.

6. We just switched to Dish Network a few weeks ago. Our local cable company tried to slam us onto a higher priced package by removing channels that were now not "covered under basic". So far we like it, and in Col. City at least, we recieve all of the local network stations.

7. Other than this "Out of Network ABC channel," I have no complaints with DISH. Just aggravating that I am probably only 15-20 miles from being in the Indy region, but they won't allow me to access the Indy ABC channel. As fas as putting up an antenna, as someone else mentioned, injury waiting to happen!!

8. Josh...I have DISH Network and I have 8490 WLS - Chicago as my ABC channel. It is working fine here, I just checked. I'm with you, I'd much rather have ABC out of Indy.

9. Cary, a friend of mine lives over by Leo and he has 2 Directv setups at his place with local channels, all he does is take the card out of 1 when we go up to Traverse City, pops it into the receiver up there and Bingo! WANE, WPTA, WFFT (and whatever 33 is now), all work great!

10. 8490 was the channel that I HAD. Mine has been taken away and everyone's to my knowledge will be removed by 12/01/06.

I hope I am not the only one being screwed!!

11. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

hmmmm....now that has me thinking.

12. uuuuhhhh, 12/1/06...says who? nobody notified me about it??? it's not like i'm getting it for free or anything!!!

13. You may want to check to make sure. I learned about it on Monday night when I received on of those cheesy recordings they send out which was confirmed when I voiced my displeasure to DISH last night. Your $1.50 will be refunded.

14. Same here...I would rather have the Indy channel but at least I get the ballgames that are carried on ABC.