close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DNR Director's PCR Statement

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by M4Madness, May 1, 2007.

1. I read on one of the other Indiana hunting forums that a member received the latest issue of Indiana Conservation Afield within the last couple of days, and in it was an article by Rob Carter, the DNR's Director.

I thought that there was one more meeting scheduled on May 22. Someone else mentioned that the paperwork has already been filed on April 4, and takes effect 30 days from that date, which would be this Friday, May 4.

Anyone have any additional info on this?

2. I heard this weekend that there was an attempt at passing a fee to allow lifetime license holders to hunt. Any word on that yet? I know it was going around and has been. I have also heard that the PCR is now legal, but i hope im hearing wrong on both accounts. It scares me to think that too many people will read this line
    "The idea here is to allow Hoosier hunters the effectiveness of a rifle," Then say range limitations? Please its a rifle.

3. Not happening.............

4. I heard a rumor awhile back that lifetime holders will have to pay a minimal fee to get deer/turkey tags, etc. Isn't that the reason we bought them to begin with... to make it a FOREVER license...??? I'll be pissed if my $1100+ does not cover the fees.

5. I DO NOT SEE HOW DNR COULD BREAK THE CONTRACT AND MAKE US LL HOLDERS PAY ADDITIONAL FEES. I`M NOT AN ATTORNEY, BUT A CONTRACT IS A CONTRACT.
    IF THIS IS TRUE, I GUESS I WILL BE ILLEGAL, I WILL NOT PAY ANY ADDITIONAL FUNDS SIMPLY BECAUSE THE STATE CANNOT BUDGET IT`S FINANCES.

6. There is no plan for DNR to collect extra fees from lifetime license holders...and no black helicopters dumping rattlesnakes in Brown County either.

As for the PCR's the public comment is running about 4 to 1 in favor of them. The administartive rule will not be voted on until May 22nd at the next Natural Resources Commission meeting. It appears that the rule will pass but there are no guarantees.

Jack

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2007
  7. Speaking of lifetime licenses, I saw where it is back in the legislature to possibly re-instate their availability. Any idea how to tell where they are at on this decision...??? I have a friend in need of one.

8. I would love to have one as well. I doubt the state would reinstate them if the financial problems are as bad as I have read on here.

9. :lol:

10. Jack,

You got your stories crossed. That was Scarlet Dew dumping rattlesnakes in JL's mushroom(n) spots.

11. The "effectiveness of a rifle" means ease of aiming. It's rather difficult for most people to hold a hundgun very steady, especially if it has a long eye relief scope. To be quite frank, I'm more afraid of the average handgun hunter than I am of a long gun hunter. Long guns are inherently easier to aim and shoot.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2007
  12. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

I SUPPORT HB 1075, i am sick and tired of having to buy a fricken license every time i step out my front door....:rant:

13. In case no one knows the legislature is over for this year. The house bill (HB 1075) never even got a hearing much less voted on. You'll have to wait at least another year and I don't think any of the major conservation organizations nor the DNR will support it. Be awful hard to get it to pass the legislature.

HatchetJack