close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dream Pheasant Hunt

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by ccavacini, Sep 1, 2006.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

If you had your dream Pheasant Hunt, where would it be?

I know, Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota, Nebraska.............................................Saw a hunt in Montana one time ....miles and miles of huntable land....That's where I want to go.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2006
  2. Probably North Dakota with Montana a close second. My reason for North Dakaota is that they have as many birds as South Dakota without all the people. My reason for Montana is the wide variety of birds available besides pheasants. Especially high on my list is a sage grouse which I've never seen plus huns, sharptails, etc.

Jack

3. I was in Wyoming hunting Mulies and had a Sage Grouse flush right under my feet. Scared the, you know what, out of me.

4. My dream would be to have more upland birds here in Indiana. It's good to dream.

5. It's a great dream...we need to work on that one.

6. I was hunting doves most of the day yesterday, and recall being a little upset I hadn't heard a single pheasant crow all day. We would usually hear at least a few sound off.

7. South Korea

I lived there off and on for 7 years never seen any better.

8. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

If I'm not mistaken, I think they tried to plant the Korean pheasant here (in Indiana) somewhere...don't know if it took or not.

9. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

If you ever get lucky enough to get in on the pheasant lottery draw...the places the state have in Newton, Benton counties are spectacular...it's pretty much about habitat.

Got drawn in '93...more birds than I've ever seen in my life. Right here in good, old Indiana.

10. Korea has the same pheasant as we do ring neck I never saw any of the black ones you are probable thinking of I think they are from the plains in China where they live with very little food or cover

11. Well since we are dreaming I dream to go back about 40 years to West Virgina well there was lots of Quail, Pheasants and Grouse. To go with my dad again and listen to him say SHOOT SHOOT then to late. With a 410 you got to shoot faster. Dad and I had great times together and now I take my grandson and in about 8 years my great grand son can't wait and yes we can always dream.