close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DST turned down

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by ccavacini, Apr 28, 2005.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Well, the house voted the DST down. I don't know if I'm upset or embarrassed.

2. We could almost move all of these time-related posts to the comedy section. It is a good thing these guys aren't talking about anything like affordable higher education for Hoosier children or the transferability community college credits or legalizing drugs. Guess that goes into the drawer with I69. Now we'll just have to watch this 70 mph deal and see if our boys and girls can raise the speed limit (and the accompanying gas consumption rate) at a time when Washington and the oil industry is starting to worry about shortages and world demand for the product.

Keep Your Tip Top Up!
    Slowretrieve

3. It passed late tonight, around 11:30. It was either 51 or 52 yes votes, and the reason it passed is becuase a few switched their votes when it appeared it yet again would fail. Bosma wasted no time in shutting off the voting machines when he saw he had 51 votes. Not sure how i really feel about it, but I expected it to be passed becuase i knew Daniels wouldnt stop until it was, i can only imagine what went on behind the scenes.

4. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Funny, when I went to bed it was dead, when I woke up it was passed...try to figure politicians.

I'm hoping for Eastern time...with Michigan in the summer....that way it will stay lighter longer....more time to fish.

5. I agree with eastern time. I also agree with the politicians who are saying that it is doubtful this move will create or save a single job, but it will make Hoosiers look a little less quirky to outsiders, and that may be a plus. Also, if I were on a timecard, I think this means that I would get an hour more fishing in during the summer months. Can't beat that!

Keep Your Tip Top Up!
    Slowretrieve

6. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Not only will you get some more daylight to fish, you won't have to look at darkness at 4:30 p.m. Central time would do that to us. There are plenty days I leave school and get a few hours of pheasant hunting in during the season....Central time would ruin that.