close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Early morning wake up call

Discussion in 'Indiana Waterfowl Hunting' started by pigeonflier, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Early morning delight. Which neighbors are gonna get mad this weekend. North zone opens back up this Saturday. Here I come St Joe.

2. Looks like Sat will be good weather to be a duck. But still a bad time to be a duck!

3. Knock em down and have fun. Don't get too wet.

MIDH

4. Saturday went alone 4 mallards and 1 woody. Sunday had a group to take and they were a little off on shooting. 4 mallards. Geese are to wise on the river already and the ducks are getting that way to. Heard alot of shooting up river from me but there is always action there if you can get a decent spot. Only had 1 neighbor out giving me a hard time. She gave up fairly quick. They hate that they cant stop you.
    This is me :cheeky-sm
    This is them :banghead3

How about you? Do any good?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2005
  5. Nice going on the ducks. I'm looking forward to giving that a try soon. More interested in watching the pup do some work and gain some experience this first year than getting many ducks. It will be the first time I've ever hunted waterfowl.

6. I do guided trips on the St Joe here. I have a full spread of G and H ducks and geese. If you ever want to give it a try, can give you good rates during the week. I have a 16' with custom mudd buddy blind so everyone including dog is well hidden. Would be alot cheaper than getting started and I do all the leg work. Have to warn you though this is a residential area and cant take all shots presented. Birds have to be working into the spread so shots go down river. My pup is 8 months now. Worked her all summer on pigeons and she has done great so far with ducks. We have killed about 35 so far this year and only had to untie the boat twice. Dog has done the rest. Couple of doubles had to throw a stick out towards the 2nd duck and that seemed to work. Right now we are seeing around 600-700+ ducks a day. Not all are working in but still get plenty of action.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2005