close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Electric motors only lakes

Discussion in 'Questions about Indiana Hunting/Fishing Laws' started by Hoosier_Steelheader, Jan 26, 2006.

1. I have a wierd question;
    If a lake is classified as Electric motor only, and you have a boat that has both an electric trolling motor, and a gas outboard, is it lawful to fish it as long as the gas motor is not used to propell the boat?

2. Electric w/gas motor troller

Yes, I'm almost 100% sure of this.

3. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I think you have to have your gas motor raised out of the water

4. Im pretty sure too! I had a buddy fishing with his bass tracker on rockville lake a couple of years ago, its all electric lake. And it started to storm,he said he was on the far end of the lake, so he fired up his motor (thought no one was around) and got busted by the C.O. back at the ramp!

5. You have to have your motor out of the water. (Gas) I lnow of a couple of guys who received citations at Chain'O'Lakes for just having their motor in the water.

6. I'm not aware that you have to have the outboard raised on an electric motor only lake. I've never had any problems with this in the past. As long as you don't fire it up you should be OK. Tilesetter...what part of electric motor only didn't your buddy understand? :coco:

7. I was told that If the gas motor was not started there would be no problem, It was also suggested that I disconnect the fuel line going to the outboard so that the investigating C.O. could clearly see that the motor was not being/had not been used on the lake...The other situation I have is on my 18 footer the motor will not raise completely out of the water, without removing the seat in the rear of the boat....

8. Sorry for the delay. Just trim your gas motor out of the water. As long there is no question in its use you should not have any problems. When in doubt contact the local CO.

9. Thanks DNRLawman, I appreciate it. We were talking with a C.O. at Tri-County, and he said the same thing. He also suggested to removing the fuel line from the motor if the motor could not be completely removed from the water.