close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Electronic ignition???

Discussion in 'Reloading, Target Shooting, and Modern Firearms' started by Indianahunter, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Very interesting. I am sure the traditional muzzleloader guys are going to debate this one heavily. It is a cool concept though...times are a changing.

2. Interesting. I'd like to see the Patent materials on that.

FWIW, there has been extensive testing done on "static discharge" ignition, and it has conclusively proven that granulated powder (not dust in saturation) will not ignite by static discharge.

I wonder what CVA is doing differently.

3. 500 shots on a 9-volt battery? :yikes:

4. IT MUST HAVE A SPARK PLUG LIKE DEVICE IN THE BREECH. I CAN`T IMAGINE HOW ONLY 9 VOLTS COULD ARC ENOUGH TO FIRE OFF A COMPACTED CHARGE OF POWDER. I`D LIKE TO SEE MORE ON HOW THIS THING WORKS.

5. Youve got to be kidding me.....
    I think 209's are about as much as anyone needs. Again we all have to pose the question to ourselves.. when will it all end.. when is enough enough?

6. I Agree!!!

7. Yep...and people wonder way a guy Don't want RIFLES in INDIANA ;) ;) ;)

8. So, do ya pull the battery before and after legal shooting hours....

9. While some states regulate the type of ignition, ie..flint, percussion cap, primer...ours does not....

10. . . . So that's it?
    Electronic ignition in a muzzle loader(which is 100% legal) explains why you don't want rifles legal in Indiana?
    :confused:

Care to explain that?

11. Well, sounds neat and all.
    Adds a whole new dimension to trigger pull and potential splitting hairs accuracy.

Not sure I would want to trust what might be a very important moment on, not only the battery, but any and all connections between the trigger and the arc.
    Of course, after you break one in on the range for a few months, you might gain a little trust. . . . ;)

12. We've come a long way from the old matchlocks and flintlocks, haven't we.

It probably has an ignition point similar to the glow bugs on a diesel engine.

I'll keep my "rock chipper".

13. I'm gonna build a 56 cal. lazer beam rifle, I just need time to figure out how.
    All this technology and new law's makes my head spin.