close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Elk in Steuben County?

Discussion in 'Indiana Outdoor News' started by goggleye57, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Elk spotted in Steuben might be on the lam

Phil Bloom, Fort Wayne Journal Gazette

FORT WAYNE - A bull elk showed up Friday in a fog-shrouded field in rural Steuben County. Nobody seems to know where it came from, or where it went. “I saw it Friday afternoon and again Friday evening, but I haven’t seen it since,” Tom Hanselman said. The elk was first spotted at his farm Friday morning. Hanselman was alerted to the misplaced beast by Bill Hanna, superintendent of transportation for Angola schools.

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/news/local/12641658.htm

2. better patch the hole in the fence!!!!!!!

3. My understanding of the law if an elk is not a game species covered by Indiana law or by endangered species laws they are fair game!:evilsmile

4. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Maybe he escaped from the Buffalo farm outside Fremont

5. *grabs a fork* think we oughta try finding the poor critter?

6. I've got room in the freezer!:corkysm55

7. I think we should release about a dozen cow elk to attract him. and if he is able to stay in hiding we might end up with a huntable elk population. hmm...

MIDH

8. I know where it came from.

Hello,
    I just signed up on this board but I would like to throw my hat in the ring. I am 99% sure where the elk came from. I work for the railroad, we go through St. Joe, IN. There is an Elk farm, "preserve" along the tracks. This is the only Elk source in N.E.Indiana that I know of. There are some awesome racks and the fence is flimsy. Who knows??

9. Could be - He would have to have traveled a ways