close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

encore pro

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by buckhead, Jul 26, 2006.

1. has anyone had the opprotunity to handle the new encore pro rifle

2. Not Yet

NO, BUT I AM GOING TO. I REALL LIKE THE LOOKS. IT`S JUST HARD TO JUSTIFY THE $800.00 PRICE TAG WHEN YOU HAVE A GOOD/ACCURATE MUZZLELOADER ( REMINGTON) ALREADY. I LIKE THE BREAK ACTION OVER THE BOLT ACTION WHEN IT COMES TO CLEANING, WITH THE BOLT THERE ARE MANY MORE PARTS TO DISASSEMBLE.I`M GOING TO DO SOME SERIOUS DELIBERATION ON THE PURCHASE OF THIS NEW GUN, DO I REALLY NEEED IT?, IS IT ANY BETTER THAN WHAT I ALREADY HAVE????

3. Sweet lookin' gun! But, I already have a 2001 Encore...good enough for me.

4. I looked at one up at Cabelas a couple weeks ago. I liked the way it felt better than the original Encore configuration. Still, none of the Encores fit me well for some reason. Wish they did, because man are they cool guns.

I'm no expert at the Encore, but the new one had some slick features like the pivoting hammer and the new stocks. I seem to remember something about a quick remove breach plug.

It must be that the new Encore muzzleloader is not interchangeable, or at least a variation that is not, because I see you can now mail order them through Cabelas without going through an FFL.

5. I belive an encore is an encore. the barrels off the old encores should fit the new pro and vice versa. Correct me if i'm wrong but if you buy the barrels for it you should be able to shoot any thing from .22 hornet-12ga all from the same gun.

6. Correct. The barrels are interchangable on the Encore. However, the fore-end needs to be changed out to accomodate the different barrels...i.e. my muzzleloader fore-end isn't compatible with a 12 ga. barrel.

7. yeah and if the barrels arent expensive enough then they get you with a 50 dollar fore-end. I dont know i dont think i have the use for one. I have my Remington ML and my remington 20 gauge for turkey and my remington .22 for squirrels and a double barrel S/S .410 for rabbits. So getting a gun that I can buy a bunch of barrels for just doesnt really fit me and I am with DEC on this that they feel funny when i shoulder them.

8. i agree i never liked the encore until i got my hands on the pro series and i'm with you all that i'm sold on my knight for the price and i have plenty of other guns as well to cover my needs but guys you have got to feel this gun in your hands it feels 100% better than the old encore

9. Who cares what people say about it. A gun needs to be picked up and handled before being bought, and its all personal preference and if the shoe fits, wear it!

10. The new stock is what I might really like about it. I've seen black and camo. Should really reduce any recoil. I won't go out and buy the new gun or the fluted barrels, but I just might pick up one of those stocks. I've seen'm for about $83 and I think the forend for $35 or 40. Forend isn't too special though lol. Just rubber grips. I can't justify buying a new gun over my Omega just for a breech plug and rotating hammer. Especially since my Omega shoots so well.

11. New Encore

I just handled one a few weeks ago, the recoil pad (which I have already modified), the fore end grips (which didn't impress me) and the spiraled barrel is the only thing different than my Encore and for $825 :coco: I'll just keep shooting old faithful.