close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Evan Bayh - out of touch!

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by treehugger, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Grouped by Home State the Senators who voted for giving illegal's Social Security

Alaska:

Stevens (R-AK), Yea

Arizona:

McCain (R-AZ), Yea

Arkansas:

Lincoln (D-AR), Yea

Pryor (D-AR), Yea

California:

Boxer (D-CA), Yea

Feinstein (D-CA), Yea

Colorado:

Salazar (D-CO), Yea

Connecticut:

Dodd (D-CT), Yea

Lieberman (D-CT), Yea

Delaware:

Biden (D-DE), Yea

Carper (D-DE), Yea

Florida:

Martinez (R-FL), Yea

Hawaii:

Akaka (D-HI), Yea

Inouye (D-HI), Yea

Illinois:

Durbin (D-IL), Yea

Obama (D-IL), Yea

Indiana:

Bayh (D-IN), Yea

Lugar (R-IN), Yea

Iowa:

Harkin (D-IA), Yea

Kansas:

Brownback (R-KS), Yea

Louisiana:

Landrieu (D-LA), Yea

Maryland:

Mikulski (D-MD), Yea

Sarbanes (D-MD), Yea

Massachusetts:

Kennedy (D-MA), Yea

Kerry (D-MA), Yea

Michigan:

Levin (D-MI), Yea

Stabenow (D-MI), Yea

Montana:

Baucus (D-MT), Yea

Nebraska:

Hagel (R-NE), Yea

Nevada:

Reid (D-NV), Yea

New Jersey:

Lautenberg (D-NJ), Yea

Menendez (D-NJ), Yea

New Mexico:

Bingaman (D-NM), Yea

New York:

Clinton (D-NY), Yea

Schumer (D-NY), Yea

Dorgan (D-ND), Yea

Ohio:

DeWine (R-OH), Yea

Voinovich (R-OH), Yea

Oregon:

Wyden (D-OR), Yea

Pennsylvania:

Specter (R-PA), Yea

Rhode Island:

Chafee (R-RI), Yea

Reed (D-RI), Yea

South Carolina:

Graham (R-SC), Yea

South Dakota:

Johnson (D-SD), Yea

Utah:

Vermont:

Jeffords (I-VT), Yea

Leahy (D-VT), Yea

Washington:

Cantwell (D-WA), Yea

Murray (D-WA), Yea

West Virginia:

Rockefeller (D-WV), Not Voting

Wisconsin:

Feingold (D-WI), Yea

Kohl (D-WI), Yea

2. ....AND Dick Lugar!

This list looks a lot like the list that voted against English as the official language of the United States.

3. tree I think and this is just me, If you can't speak English then go home. And Bayh and Lugar were out of touch when they were voted in. You know all who voted for this is saying we don't care if their family can make it or not. They are there for the money not the people and you can put Mitch in that group too.

4. That Just Makes Me Sick, Our Goverment At Work, And We Wonder Why We Are In The Shape We Are In !!!!! Will It Ever Change I Highly Doubt It, Not As Long As Too Much Money Is Involved. Give Them All A Normal American Workers Salary And See What Changes Happen!!!

5. Just wondering (not trying to start a riot like the last political thread did) but what were the other items that were pushed through on the same bill. As others have said, if you are not here legally, you shouldn't receive our benefits.

6. Good question Josh. That's where one of the biggest problems is...putting so much garbage on one bill that gets voted on. There is no way that our elected officials could possibly know everything they are voting on...but on an issue like this one I have to believe they knew this was on there. Most of the time they are only concerned about money being approved for projects in their states or districts and care less what else gets pushed through on the bill.

7. I PROPOSE WE CITIZENS OF THE STATE OF INDIANA THROW BOTH OUR CURRENT SENATORS OUT ON THEIR BUTS... ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS SHOULD NOT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFTS, AS IT TAKES MONEY AWAY FROM LEGAL AMERICANS THAT NEED THE MONEY. HOW IS THE SOCIAL SECURITY PROGRAM EVER GOING TO BE SOLVENT WHEN YOU GIVE MONEY OUT TO PEOPLE THAT DID NOT PUT ANY MONEY INTO IT. YOU GUYS REMEMBER THIS WHEN YOUR RETIREMENT IS DENIED DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS.

8. I agree with Birch, we have the ability to put them way out of touch!

9. One of the problems with social security is a declining number of workers compared to retirees. Hopefully if it does have to pass there will be more deducting from paychecks than benefits paid out! :)

10. sounds good to me

11. The biggest problem with social security is the government. The system would still be in fairly decent shape had the government not put their hands in the cookie jar throughout the years to finace some of their ill conceived ideas, then not replace the money they "stole!"

12. I'd like to touch him... in the forehead with a left hand!!! Keep giving it away, and how many homeless people do we have here? How about homeless Vets. The numbers are startling but we give illegals medical and food and transportation etc... Election time is near remember these idiots when we vote.

13. Neither one of the bas***ds will ever recieve my vote again. And it has nothing to do with this bill...they have both outlived their usefulness to the taxpayers of this state!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Not sure what they were thinking on this bill :coco: ! Nobody has given me anything :irked: , i have had to earn everything I have & i was born right here in the USA ! The only thing I will say , is when Bayh was govenor he did purchase more Public land than any other govenor ! Nowadays it seems you have to vote for the lessor of the EVILS :yikes: ! I think you should have to be a LEGAL CITIZEN before ANY benifits of anykind can be recevied ! Man this suject is making me :rant: Think i will give up politics & Go :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: ! ROCK THE VOTE !!!!