close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ever seen one of these?

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by indianadeerhunter, May 4, 2007.

1. [​IMG]
    Went out to mississinewa again today still no luck on a bird. I seen one and was just getting ready to set up and 2 guys walked up and he flew off. I did find a dead bird that had a device from Purdue on it. Tried to call the number on the device but got a answer machine. Has anyone ever got a turkey with a device from Purdue on it? I'm going to try to call again hopefully can get some info on it.

2. It looks like a radio tracking transmitter. I've never seen one on a turkey, but I've seen them put on quail years ago.

3. you know how those purdue guys are...
    bunch of birdbrains hahaha

4. Very cool find.:coolgleam

Jones ... [​IMG]

5. Wouldn't that make you mad....

The one bird that you tagged in "the name of education" with a homing device so that Turkey season would become easy... only for some dang coyote to finish him off early. That would be my luck...!!!

6. well just off the phone with a guy at Purdue and he said that it was radio transmitter that they was using for a study on turkeys. they was doing a study on how much they damage crops.

7. Do you get to keep it?

8. maybe thats what i need to do for next year :banghead3

i agree...thats kinda cool to find

9. He asked me if I would mail it back to them so they can reuse it. Or he would have someone pick it up.

10. They been study turkeys and how much they damage crops for years.
    new a kid and that was one of his best classes.

11. The guy I talked to said the study was done last year. He said they are doing some kind of studing on coon's now.