close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

experienced trapper advise

Discussion in 'Indiana Trapping and Varmint Hunting' started by DBurris, Jan 18, 2007.

1. always sold my furs green. i have not fleshed or stretched. what fleshing knife do i need for coon and beaver:help:

2. i've heard necker knives are real good. you might call hoosier trapper supply, I believe they carry them. i bought a cheap fleshing knife from gander mtn for a deer cape but haven't used it yet. it was only $17.

3. don't bother to buy those cheap knifes

necker makes 2 very good fleshing knifes as well as Minnesota trapping supply
    you will need a sharp knife for beaver and one with a dull blade for coon. If you try and use a sharp edge for coon you will damage the hide and cut it into bits
    You could also attend the NTA national convention in Aug. 2007, this will be held at the fairground in Goshen, IN
    they will have professional fur handlers showing how to do each animal step by step, this will be going on all day every day of the convention

4. Ive always done the same as you DBurris, always sold them whole. I think I'm afraid i might ruin the fur when I skin them.